Please join your peers on either March 26 (8pm GMT) or March 28 (8am GMT) to watch as user extraordinaire and forum legend @"lindsay.stevens" demonstrates OpenClinica Insight.

See preview and register at https://openclinica.com/insight-webinar

Insight makes it easy to ask questions of ALL of your clinical and operational data and visualize answers via interactive reports and dashboards. The idea is simple, but the results are powerful: ask your questions, choose your visualizations, then return often for updated, interactive results that link you to all of the underlying data.

Group gird how to set up Default value

hello everyone~
I have a question
How can I set up CRF like this?
best regrads!

Best Answer

Answers

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 772 ✭✭✭
    Hi All,
    Time flies etc. but at last, after more than 8 months, I found the time to write a page about this question!
    You can read all about it on
    http://trialdatasolutions.com/tds/howto/defaultsjs.jsp
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭
    Absolutely great news, Gerben, thank you very much.
    One unrelated question: Have you tried to install OC 3.13 on WINDOWS server 2016. I have tried several times but failed. Do you know anything about this?

Best wishes

Krister
    Hi Krister,
    No, I'm afraid I have no experience with that combination. What did the logs say?
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
    Unfortunately, when I tried to get to the log files they were already gone as the server provider had already loaded WINDOWS Server 2012 R2 as stated in our contract.
    I will save them next time I have a chance to try Windows server 2016

Best regards

Krister
    Hi Gerben,
    We are now back and running on WINDOWS server 2012 R2 and OC 3.13 works very well together with PGSQL 9.5. It is very fast combination. There is one remaining problem I wonder if you can help us with. The attached batch file we used to have running every midnight and it produced very reliable backup files. It ran very well with any previous version of PGSQL but it refuses to run under 9.5.
    Any idea what this could be?

Regards
    Krister
    Hi Krister,
    Maybe the problem is the backup-file-name: this can't contain spaces. Your script takes the current date and using substrings composes the file-name. On my laptop date is displayed as "zo 18-02-2018" and then this script works when composing the variable FILEDATE.
    rem define where the pg dump utility is located
    set PGD="c:\program files\postgresql\9.5\bin\pg_dump.exe"
    rem set the format of the suffix for the backup file
    rem by taking the date and compose yyyy-mm-dd-dayofweek
    set FILEDATE=%DATE:~9,4%-%DATE:~6,2%-%DATE:~3,2%-%DATE:~0,2%
    rem use this to compose the name of the backup file
    set BACKUP_FILE=C:\BACKUP\GIST_BACKUP_FILE_%FILEDATE%.backup

echo backup file name is: %BACKUP_FILE%
    rem now call the pg dump utility to create the backup file
    %PGD% -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -Z 9 -f %BACKUP_FILE% openclinica
    rem put a copy in the dropbox folder
    copy %BACKUP_FILE% C:\users\kristeradmin\dropbox\GIST\
    Hope this helps,
    Gerben Rienk
    Thanks Gerben, I will try this

Best regards

Krister
    Great as usual, it worked immediately after your changes, Thank you ever so much,
    Best regards

Krister
    Hi Gerben.

There seems to be a problem wit the backup files created by your command line. It does not work to reimport them by using PG ADMIN and also the files size is about I/3 of the backup created by PG ADMIN. I also have an other question. The number 9 between the -Z and -F in your command line. What is the purpose of this?

Regards

Krister