We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

From development version to release version: notes are missing.

Hi developers, I have a problem.

I had a study set up with data entered under version 3.1.2, and changed to version 3.1.3 (alpha-4 - Changeset: 8c6a49115f19 to be specific), in order to migrate the already entered data to a newer version of the CRF, with a few added fields, everything seemed to work out just fine. Then, I go back to version 3.1.2, the CRFs are all still fine, but the discrepancies and notes do not appear in the notes and discrepancies listing. They do still register as being assigned to a particular user on their homepage, and the flags on any item will bring up the relevant thread if it exists, and the full list is available if I switch back to 3.1.3 again. I can’t figure out what was changed by the CRF version migration that would cause this disconnect, and only for the one page. I know jumping back and forth between release and development versions is bound to have hiccups on the best of days, but I can’t even find the root of this issue. I’m hoping someone a little closer to the code for the version migration can tell me what it changes, if anything, aside from active version number, or that anyone more familiar with the code could point toward something in the databse or a jsp file that I could fiddle with that might not read the data properly after Jumping versions like I did. I’m just not familiar enough with the back end code to try sussing out a culprit on my own and I’m too rusty at reading java to even figure out which jsp file is generating the page in question.

Brendan Yarmas,
First Stop CBPD Corporation
Mobile: 301-917-7439

Comments

  • byarmas-fscbyarmas-fsc Posts: 40
    Lindsay,

    I hadn’t done that, but it seems the notes and discrepancies isn’t the only page missing things. I don’t have any options for file types to export. It looks like the following line isn’t reading anything into the extract variable


    Is extractProperties from the extract.properties file? Because if so I don’t think I’ve made any changes from the default. What would make all the subsequent extract.filedescription calls come up blank?
    From: Lindsay Stevens
    To: "[email protected]"
    Subject: Re: [Developers] >From development version to release version:
    notes are missing.
    Message-ID:
    <[email protected]>
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

    Hi Brendan,

    You might have done this already but I'd try exporting an ODM 1.3 full extension dataset from both 3.1.3 and 3.1.2, and see where openclinica is putting your audit logs for that CRF in each case,

    Best regards,

    Lindsay Stevens | Clinical Data Coordinator

    NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
    Office: Level 2, 6-10 Mallett St | Camperdown | NSW | 2050
    Mail: Locked Bag 77 | Camperdown | NSW | 1450 T +61 2 9562 5369 | F +61 2 9562 5094 E [email protected] | W www.ctc.usyd.edu.au


    Brendan Yarmas,
    First Stop CBPD Corporation
    Mobile: 301-917-7439

    From: Brendan Yarmas [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 5:26 PM
    To: '[email protected]'
    Subject: From development version to release version: notes are missing.

    Hi developers, I have a problem.

    I had a study set up with data entered under version 3.1.2, and changed to version 3.1.3 (alpha-4 - Changeset: 8c6a49115f19 to be specific), in order to migrate the already entered data to a newer version of the CRF, with a few added fields, everything seemed to work out just fine. Then, I go back to version 3.1.2, the CRFs are all still fine, but the discrepancies and notes do not appear in the notes and discrepancies listing. They do still register as being assigned to a particular user on their homepage, and the flags on any item will bring up the relevant thread if it exists, and the full list is available if I switch back to 3.1.3 again. I can’t figure out what was changed by the CRF version migration that would cause this disconnect, and only for the one page. I know jumping back and forth between release and development versions is bound to have hiccups on the best of days, but I can’t even find the root of this issue. I’m hoping someone a little closer to the code for the version migration can tell me what it changes, if anything, aside from active version number, or that anyone more familiar with the code could point toward something in the databse or a jsp file that I could fiddle with that might not read the data properly after Jumping versions like I did. I’m just not familiar enough with the back end code to try sussing out a culprit on my own and I’m too rusty at reading java to even figure out which jsp file is generating the page in question.

    Brendan Yarmas,
    First Stop CBPD Corporation
    Mobile: 301-917-7439
This discussion has been closed.