We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

REST Web services implementation

Dear OC users and developers,
Does anyone know if there are plans to implement REST web services which will allow to use HTTP methods like PUT, GET, POST, etc, for gathering dictionary information, adding subjects, events, CRF data enz. I looked at the roadmaps but no planning is to be seen there, while in the documentation it is stated that in 3.1.4 some of these will be implemented.
Thanks,
--
Cuneyt Parlayan

Datamanager
Department of Pathology
VU University Medical Center
Amsterdam - The Netherlands

Comments

• parlayanparlayan Posts: 139
    Does anyone know if there are plans to implement REST web services which will allow to use HTTP methods like PUT, GET, POST, etc, for gathering dictionary information, adding subjects, events, CRF data enz. I looked at the roadmaps but no planning is to be seen there, while in the documentation it is stated that in 3.1.4 some of these will be implemented.
    Thanks,
    --
    Cuneyt Parlayan

Datamanager
    Department of Pathology
  • ccollinsccollins Posts: 379 admin
    Hi Cuneyt,
    Yes! Here's whats new in 3.1.4:
    https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/technical-documents/openclinica-restful-urls/restful-url-access-openclinica-metadata-and-print-r
    We're making RESTful design a core part of all our development, so in each forthcoming release you'll see the API expanded based on the features/modules being implemented.
    Let me know what you think and what you'd like to see in the future.
    Best,
    Cal
    On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Cuneyt Parlayan wrote:
    Thanks,
    --
    Cuneyt Parlayan

Datamanager
    Department of Pathology
  • parlayanparlayan Posts: 139
    Hi Cal,
    Thanks for the information, it looks promising.
    I will make a document about what I think is ideal and send it to you in the coming days.
    I believe if there is a strong restful ws support, powerful data export and import tools can be made.
    Best, Cuneyt.
    On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:47 PM, Cal Collins wrote:
    Hi Cuneyt,
    Yes! Here's whats new in 3.1.4:
    https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/technical-documents/openclinica-restful-urls/restful-url-access-openclinica-metadata-and-print-r
    We're making RESTful design a core part of all our development, so in each forthcoming release you'll see the API expanded based on the features/modules being implemented.
    Let me know what you think and what you'd like to see in the future.
    Best,
    Cal
    On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM, Cuneyt Parlayan wrote:
    Thanks,
    --
    Cuneyt Parlayan

Datamanager
    Department of Pathology
This discussion has been closed.