We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

OC access woes

2»

Comments

• cpmasesacpmasesa Posts: 106
    Hi Shaun,

I read somewhere that I should do that, and had done it with no success.

However, we wiped off everything, again, and did a full install and this time it worked without a hitch.

The only thing that we did differently was install it on C:\ whereas previously we had been installing it on E:\ AND making sure that we set ALL the paths accordingly.

Could it be that OC can not be installed on a drive other than C:\?

Clemens
    On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Shaun Martin wrote:
    Hi Clemens,
    Is postgres and tomcat on the same machine? If so change the IP address in openclinica.xml to "localhost" instead of "192.168.0.1". By default postgres only listens on localhost (127.0.0.1) and not it's workstation IP. This can be changed but by default it is only listening on localhost.
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    --
    Shaun Martin
    Systems Administrator
    Akaza Research
    [email protected]
    Office: (617) 621-8585 x 13
    Cell: (978) 360-3402
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    Open Source Platform for Clinical Research
    Register Now for the OpenClinica European Summit 2009
    Reply-To:
    Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:56:48 +0300
    To:
    Subject: Re: [Users] OC access woes
    Hi Tom,

I followed the instructions on the wiki but no success.

There is a line in the laast event of the log that I attached suggest that authentication failed. Does this mean that tomcat could not find the postgres db? it can not be the user name and password as they are the default root and 12345678 because it is a fresh install.

Clemens
    On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Tom Hickerson wrote:
    Hi Clemens,
    Can you tell if the Postgres driver is in the right place? These instructions are dated for the 2.0.1 release but still might solve your problems: http://www.openclinica.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=publicwiki:upgrade2.0.1driver
    Hope that helps, Tom
  • Re: [Users] OC access woes Hi Clemens,
    OpenClinica has no limitations on where it can be stored, USB drive etc as long as all the configurations are correct. Most likely something was wrong with the previous install.
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    --
    Shaun Martin
    Systems Administrator
    Akaza Research
    [email protected]
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    Reply-To:
    Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:57:35 +0300
    To:
    Subject: Re: [Users] OC access woes
    Hi Shaun,

I read somewhere that I should do that, and had done it with no success.

However, we wiped off everything, again, and did a full install and this time it worked without a hitch.

The only thing that we did differently was install it on C:\ whereas previously we had been installing it on E:\ AND making sure that we set ALL the paths accordingly.

Could it be that OC can not be installed on a drive other than C:\?

Clemens
    On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Shaun Martin wrote:
    Hi Clemens,
    Is postgres and tomcat on the same machine? If so change the IP address in openclinica.xml to "localhost" instead of "192.168.0.1". By default postgres only listens on localhost (127.0.0.1) and not it's workstation IP. This can be changed but by default it is only listening on localhost.
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    --
    Shaun Martin
    Systems Administrator
    Akaza Research
    [email protected]
    www.akazaresearch.com >
    www.openclinica.org >
  • FCIRayFCIRay Posts: 9
    Clemens,
    I'm a newbie and feel very hesitant to make a suggestion, however, the experience you relate is very similar to what I have experienced - though at this time for a single user.
    Remove PostgreSQL - but before reinstalling, issue the following terminal command to remove the postgres superuser:
    sudo dscl . -delete /Users/postgres
    NB: this is the syntax on a Mac OS X system - if you are installing on a Windows system, you will need to determine the proper syntax
    (By the way, I experienced this problem for both my installations on Windows XP, as well as OS X.)
    Now reinstall PostgreSQL.
    Ray Rugloski
    On 1/29/09 7:57 AM, Clemens P. Masesa wrote:
    > Hi Shaun,
    >
    > I read somewhere that I should do that, and had done it with no success.
    >
    > However, we wiped off everything, again, and did a full install and this time it worked without a hitch.
    >
    > The only thing that we did differently was install it on C:\ whereas previously we had been installing it on E:\ AND making sure that we set ALL the paths accordingly.
    >
    > Could it be that OC can not be installed on a drive other than C:\?
    >
    > Clemens
    >
    > On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Shaun Martin wrote:
    >
    > Hi Clemens,
    >
    > Is postgres and tomcat on the same machine? If so change the IP address in openclinica.xml to "localhost" instead of "192.168.0.1". By default postgres only listens on localhost (127.0.0.1) and not it's workstation IP. This can be changed but by default it is only listening on localhost.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Shaun
    >
    > --
    > Shaun Martin
    > Systems Administrator
    > Akaza Research
    > [email protected]
    > Office: (617) 621-8585 x 13
    > Cell: (978) 360-3402
    > www.akazaresearch.com
    > www.openclinica.org
    > Open Source Platform for Clinical Research
    >
    > Register Now for the OpenClinica European Summit 2009
    >
    >
    > From: "Clemens P. Masesa"
    > Reply-To:
    > Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:56:48 +0300
    >
    > To:
    > Subject: Re: [Users] OC access woes
    >
    > Hi Tom,
    >
    > I followed the instructions on the wiki but no success.
    >
    > There is a line in the laast event of the log that I attached suggest that authentication failed. Does this mean that tomcat could not find the postgres db? it can not be the user name and password as they are the default root and 12345678 because it is a fresh install.
    >
    > Clemens
    >
    > On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Tom Hickerson wrote:
    >
    > Hi Clemens,
    >
    > Can you tell if the Postgres driver is in the right place? These instructions are dated for the 2.0.1 release but still might solve your problems: http://www.openclinica.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=publicwiki:upgrade2.0.1driver
    >
    > Hope that helps, Tom
    >
    >
  • cpmasesacpmasesa Posts: 106
    Thanks for the information.
    I will look for this and try to reset the configurations again.
    Clemens
    On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 6:33 PM, Raymond J. Rugloski wrote:
    Clemens,
    I'm a newbie and feel very hesitant to make a suggestion, however, the experience you relate is very similar to what I have experienced - though at this time for a single user.
    Remove PostgreSQL - but before reinstalling, issue the following terminal command to remove the postgres superuser:
    sudo dscl . -delete /Users/postgres
    NB: this is the syntax on a Mac OS X system - if you are installing on a Windows system, you will need to determine the proper syntax
    (By the way, I experienced this problem for both my installations on Windows XP, as well as OS X.)
    Now reinstall PostgreSQL.
    Ray Rugloski
    --
    Clemens P. Masesa,
    820 / 821 Bwiru Press,
    Mwanza,
    Tanzania.
    Mobile: +255 (0)784 447129
    Phone +255 (0)28 2561139
This discussion has been closed.