Unable to log in to open clinica

I installed Java 1.5 update 17, tomcat 5.5.27, postgresql 8.3.7 (can’t seem to find the version recommended online for download)
I get an error when I try to login to openclinica with root and 12345678. It seems that the username and password combination do not exist.
Could you please advice?

Comments

• Paul GalvinPaul Galvin Posts: 886
    Hi Jacob,

When you ran the create_db scripts for OpenClinica on 8.3.7, did you run into any issues? There have been a lot of emails posted to this list with questions about 8.3.x, and I have attached the latest one for your review.

My guess is when you ran the create scripts on the database it did not finish completely, which is why you are getting a message that the user account can not be found. Also, please verify that you copied the postgresql-8.1-405.jdbc3.jar file in the OpenClinica folder and pasted it into the Common\lib folder of Tomcat. That is another common reason users can not log in the first time.

Thanks,
    Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    617-621-8585 x25
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 8:50 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Unable to log in to open clinica

I installed Java 1.5 update 17, tomcat 5.5.27, postgresql 8.3.7 (can’t seem to find the version recommended online for download)
    I get an error when I try to login to openclinica with root and 12345678. It seems that the username and password combination do not exist.
    Could you please advice?
    ForwardedMessage.eml
    Hi Isabelle,

Also, please see the attached email that was sent to the users list with a create_db script for 8.3.

Thanks,
    Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:02 PM
    Subject: RE: [Users] I need assistance, please (query error)

Isabelle,

This is because of the database version. The script errors on Postgres 8.3. I had the same issue. You need to use the version it states in the Windows Installation doc which I believe is 8.2.9.

Colin
    Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:32 AM
    Subject: [Users] I need assistance, please (query error)

Hello! I've been trying to follow the "Windows installation tutorial" and I've gone as far as trying to create the database, I mean, the initial user as the video said, trying to run the script that is in the "create_database_2.5.4_tables_with_data.sql" file. Well, that didn't work so well as I got the following error:
    ERROR: foreign key constraint "FK_STUDY_EV_FK-STUDY__STUDY" cannot be implemented
    DETAIL: Key columns "study_id" and "study_id" are of incompatible types: numeric and integer.
    ********** Erro **********
    ERROR: foreign key constraint "FK_STUDY_EV_FK-STUDY__STUDY" cannot be implemented
    SQL state: 42804
    Detalhe: Key columns "study_id" and "study_id" are of incompatible types: numeric and integer.
    I'm using (or trying) postgreSQL 8.3 and openClinica 2.5.4 and I would really, really, apreciate any hint on what should I do now.
    Thanks,
    Isabelle
    ForwardedMessage.eml
    Hi Dorothy and Sabari,
    This issue has already been reported with users who are using PostgreSQL 8.3. Krikor Krumlian sent around a create_db script to use in creating OpenClinica 2.5.x if users will not use the version of PostgreSQL we tested on during our QA cycles. Since there were no schema changes between 2.5.3 and 2.5.4 you can use the same script.
    We will be putting OpenClinica through the full QA cycle on PostgreSQL 8.3 in the next major release, and then including this updated script.

Thanks,
    Paul

From: Gallagher, Dorothy (NIH/NIAID) [E] [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:54 AM
    To: '[email protected]'
    Cc: Paul Galvin
    Subject: RE: [Developers] Postgres Problem

Hi Sabari, I was going to modify the data types too noticing the same issues and then wondering how that will affect the front-end as you are thinking. I think that Akaza should address this issue and we should issue a bug report on the Website.
    Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 5:29 AM
    Subject: Re: [Developers] Postgres Problem
    Hello Gallagher Dorothy,

Thanks. I have changed all Postgres numeric data types in to bigint data types in OpenClincia DB script in Postgres 8.3.x. Now I can run the database script without any error. I have setup OpenClinica with Postgres 8.3. But I am not sure, it works for all scenarios. Is it affect the OpenClinica due to casting datatype in DB script? Can anyone clarify this ?

Thanks.
    Sabari
    Application Developer | Quartesian CRO, Bangalore
    Mobile : +919886044581
This discussion has been closed.