Subject Enrollment

Hi All,
I am new to the list and I did a search of the archives and couldn't seem to find what I was looking for.
1) I am interested in changing the Add Subject form. I want to be able to add a clinicID to that screen. Is it possible or do I need to add a completely different CRF to get this functionality?
2) If I add a new CRF for patient enrollment can I set the system to completely bypass the "Add Subject" screen?
3) Also, I want to be able to set a default date for Date of Birth, i.e. it should be the current month and day, but the year should default to 18 years before that date.
Thanks,
Alicia

Comments

• Paul GalvinPaul Galvin Posts: 886
    Hi Alicia,

Is the clinicID particular to one subject, or is used across multiple subjects? If there is one clinicID per subject, you could use the Secondary ID/Label field to provide this identifier. Secondary ID/Label will be shown in the subject matrix page so it allows users to search and filter on it if need be. If you wanted to change the name of the field to clinicID, I can direct you to the appropriate place in the text files used for all the terms in OpenClinica.

If the clinicID is used to show what site or location the subject is a part of, you can use the Site functionality in OpenClinica. You can create a site or location with the name being the clinicID. You can then create subjects and assign them to their particular sites.

At this time, you can not set default date of births or year of births in OpenClinica.

Thanks,
    Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    617-621-8585 x25
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 3:48 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Subject Enrollment

Hi All,

I am new to the list and I did a search of the archives and couldn't seem to find what I was looking for.

1) I am interested in changing the Add Subject form. I want to be able to add a clinicID to that screen. Is it possible or do I need to add a completely different CRF to get this functionality?

2) If I add a new CRF for patient enrollment can I set the system to completely bypass the "Add Subject" screen?

3) Also, I want to be able to set a default date for Date of Birth, i.e. it should be the current month and day, but the year should default to 18 years before that date.
    Thanks,

Alicia
This discussion has been closed.