We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Duplicate Notes

I'm running OC 2.5.7 and every time I add a note to a field it creates a duplicate note. The weird thing is that it only happens at the site level. It doesn't seem to happen at the study/sponsor level.

Any ideas?

Mike

Comments

• Hi Mike,
    Can you please detail the steps you are taking to log the discrepancy notes? Namely, what type of user is logging the notes, is it during data entry or when viewing a CRF, are they queries or failed validation checks, are they being entered because the user encountered an error message or not, etc.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    OpenClinica Global Conference
    March 22, 2010 - Bethesda, Maryland
    For details and to register visit: www.openclinicaconference.org
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:34 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Duplicate Notes

I'm running OC 2.5.7 and every time I add a note to a field it creates a duplicate note. The weird thing is that it only happens at the site level. It doesn't seem to happen at the study/sponsor level.

Any ideas?

Mike
  • Hi Paul,

I can be logged in as any type of user (Tech Admin, Bus Admin, User) with any role (Data Manager, Data Entry) for any type of discrepancy (Failed Validation Check, Annotation, Query...) and this is happening. The steps taken are to login with any credentials, open a crf under a subject's visit, create a note (either through a FVC, Annotation, Whatever), save CRF, view all discrepancies (duplicates found).

If I view from a Site as is shown in the attached image then I see dups, but if I view from a study level then I don't see dups (odd).

The strange thing is that it didn't always do this, but I have no idea when this actually started happening.

Mike
    >>> On 1/28/2010 at 1:54 PM, in message <[email protected]>, "Paul Galvin" wrote:
    Hi Mike,
    Can you please detail the steps you are taking to log the discrepancy notes? Namely, what type of user is logging the notes, is it during data entry or when viewing a CRF, are they queries or failed validation checks, are they being entered because the user encountered an error message or not, etc.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:34 PM
    Subject: [Users] Duplicate Notes

Any ideas?

Mike
    Site Level View.JPG
    Attachments:
    Site Level View.JPG 68.8 KB
  • Mike, were you ever able to resolve this?
    We are running 2.5.8 and experiencing the same issue including seeing the dups at Site level but not at Study level. Any insight?
    Stuart W. Tinker
    Senior Applications Developer and Data Analyst
    Department of Human Genetics
    Emory University School of Medicine
    2165 North Decatur Road
    Room 116
    Decatur, GA 30033
    404-778-8475
    [email protected]
    Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 12:29 PM
    Subject: RE: [Users] Duplicate Notes
    Hi Paul,
    I can be logged in as any type of user (Tech Admin, Bus Admin, User) with any role (Data Manager, Data Entry) for any type of discrepancy (Failed Validation Check, Annotation, Query...) and this is happening. The steps taken are to login with any credentials, open a crf under a subject's visit, create a note (either through a FVC, Annotation, Whatever), save CRF, view all discrepancies (duplicates found).
    If I view from a Site as is shown in the attached image then I see dups, but if I view from a study level then I don't see dups (odd).
    The strange thing is that it didn't always do this, but I have no idea when this actually started happening.
    Mike
    >>> >>> On 1/28/2010 at 1:54 PM, in message <[email protected]>, "Paul Galvin" wrote:
    Hi Mike,
    Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
This discussion has been closed.