We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Need Help from a CRO ""expert"" to develop a Domain/Semantic Model for Project Management Processes

Hi All,
I've been lurking for two years on this email group hoping for an opportunity to leverage open source in the CRO context. I've finally been able to secure the curiosity / interest of a mid-sized CRO however the first "mess" I need to help them clean-up before introducing a new platform is to sort out their Domain and Semantic model for their business and project management processes.
I have a member of my team that can drive the design/modeling process in his sleep, but what I'm looking for is someone who is a reasonable SME (subject matter expert) at the CRO lifecycle with particular emphasis on Project Management processes. My client doesn't have the time to dedicate full time SME's from his staff, so I'm looking to pair someone with my modeling expert to guide the Domain/Semantic modeling process and then use our client to "confirm" the details we capture.
So, I'm looking for someone who has the skills and experience to essentially take on a 3-4 weeks of consulting work in a collaboration with one of my senior Technology consultants to build a high level Domain/Semantic model of a mid-sized CRO's business development and project management processes.
Know anyone? FYI, the work would be done primarily from our location here in Raleigh, NC (RTP).
Thanks in advance for any help in finding this individual!
Brad
To: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
Sent: Tue, January 18, 2011 1:48:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Developers] [Users] FW: Problems installing PostgreSQL
Hi Tom,

It worked fine with a USER POSTGRES as you suggested. But now I can’t get OC to start. It sais FAIL in Tomcat manager. I attach the logfiles and datainfo. They indicate problems but I can’t figure out what it could be.

Regards

Krister
Sent: den 18 januari 2011 08:35
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Users] [Developers] FW: Problems installing PostgreSQL

Hi Krister,

Whenever I’ve run into an error message similar to that with Postgres on later versions of Windows, it’s always been related to User Access Control. I would advise installing the software as admin, or even create a ‘postgres’ user manually and install as that.

Searching on your error message using Google, I see that character encoding could be the problem as well -- http://forums.enterprisedb.com/posts/list/1896.page -- do you think you could change the character encoding somehow, as described in the post, and see if that works?

Good luck, Tom
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 11:36 PM
Subject: [Developers] FW: Problems installing PostgreSQL

Hi,

I have suddenly run into an install problem with PostgreSQL 8.4.1_1 on a WINDOWS Server 2008 R2, where the operating system has been installed in local language (Swedish). It is not possible to initiate the cluster!

The error message looks like follows: “Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly. The database cluster initialization failed. On other WINDOWS server 2008 R2 I have not had any problems with the installation but here I have installed the operating system in English.

I have tried everything I could think but the problem persists. Do I have to re-install the operating system in English???

Regards

Krister

Comments

• Hi All,
    I've been lurking for two years on this email group hoping for an opportunity to leverage open source in the CRO context. I've finally been able to secure the curiosity / interest of a mid-sized CRO however the first "mess" I need to help them clean-up before introducing a new platform is to sort out their Domain and Semantic model for their business and project management processes.
    I have a member of my team that can drive the design/modeling process in his sleep, but what I'm looking for is someone who is a reasonable SME (subject matter expert) at the CRO lifecycle with particular emphasis on Project Management processes. My client doesn't have the time to dedicate full time SME's from his staff, so I'm looking to pair someone with my modeling expert to guide the Domain/Semantic modeling process and then use our client to "confirm" the details we capture.
    So, I'm looking for someone who has the skills and experience to essentially take on a 3-4 weeks of consulting work in a collaboration with one of my senior Technology consultants to build a high level Domain/Semantic model of a mid-sized CRO's business development and project management processes.
    Know anyone? FYI, the work would be done primarily from our location here in Raleigh, NC (RTP).
    Brad
    Hi Tom,

It worked fine with a USER POSTGRES as you suggested. But now I can’t get OC to start. It sais FAIL in Tomcat manager. I attach the logfiles and datainfo. They indicate problems but I can’t figure out what it could be.

Regards

Krister

Hi Krister,

Whenever I’ve run into an error message similar to that with Postgres on later versions of Windows, it’s always been related to User Access Control. I would advise installing the software as admin, or even create a ‘postgres’ user manually and install as that.

Searching on your error message using Google, I see that character encoding could be the problem as well -- http://forums.enterprisedb.com/posts/list/1896.page -- do you think you could change the character encoding somehow, as described in the post, and see if that works?

Good luck, Tom

Hi,

I have suddenly run into an install problem with PostgreSQL 8.4.1_1 on a WINDOWS Server 2008 R2, where the operating system has been installed in local language (Swedish). It is not possible to initiate the cluster!

The error message looks like follows: “Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly. The database cluster initialization failed. On other WINDOWS server 2008 R2 I have not had any problems with the installation but here I have installed the operating system in English.

I have tried everything I could think but the problem persists. Do I have to re-install the operating system in English???

Regards

Krister
  • Hi All,
    Brad
    Hi Tom,

Regards

Krister

Hi Krister,

Good luck, Tom

Hi,

Regards

Krister
  • Hi All,
    Brad
    Hi Tom,

Regards

Krister

Hi Krister,

Good luck, Tom

Hi,

Regards

Krister
This discussion has been closed.