We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Patient entering their own data?

kristiakkristiak ✭✭✭Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭
We are facing a study where the patient are supposed to enter most of the data via the WEB themselves. How can we set up a role so a certain user only would see the data that he/she has entered and not any of the other patients data? We thought about making each patient a separate study site, but this is rather clumsy and takes a long time to set up. We are expecting several hundred patients!

Anyone got an idea how to do this??
Regards

Krister

Comments

• kristiakkristiak ✭✭✭ Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭
    We are facing a study where the patient are supposed to enter most of the data via the WEB themselves. How can we set up a role so a certain user only would see the data that he/she has entered and not any of the other patients data? We thought about making each patient a separate study site, but this is rather clumsy and takes a long time to set up. We are expecting several hundred patients!

Regards

Krister
  • mvirtosumvirtosu ✭✭ Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Krister,

Use a survey tool to collect data from patients and then import the data from the survey into Openclinica.

Regards,

Mihai
    Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:40 AM
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject: [Developers] Patient entering their own data?

Regards

Krister
  • Krister,
    You could use OpenXdata which is an excellent survey design and data collection tool. It has a web interface and can also collect data on a cell-phone. Here's the link: http://www.openxdata.org.
    Disclosure: I am a part of the OpenXdata Foundation.
    Regards,
    Shashank
    On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Mihai Virtosu wrote:
    Krister,

Use a survey tool to collect data from patients and then import the data from the survey into Openclinica.

Regards,

Mihai

Regards

Krister
  • Krister,
    You could use OpenXdata which is an excellent survey design and data collection tool. It has a web interface and can also collect data on a cell-phone. Here's the link: http://www.openxdata.org.
    Regards,
    Shashank
    Krister,

Regards,

Mihai

Regards

Krister
  • rwattsrwatts Posts: 102
    I’m not sure I’d want to attempt this with OpenClinica. The idea of trying to train and support 200 patients and get their data in at the right times frightens me! Have you thought of collecting the data using electronic survey tools, which by design are more user friendly? Collecting the data that way you could either you could either import it into OpenClinica CRFs or merge it with the rest of the study data using a tool such as SAS prior to analysis.

Rick.
    Sent: January 26, 2011 3:40 AM
    Subject: [Users] Patient entering their own data?

Regards

Krister
    Thanks Shashank,

I had not heard about this before, but it seems like an excellent choice. Data could always be combined after extraction of data from OpenClinica.

I will take a look at this an keep you posted. Thanks for the advice.

Best regards

Krister
    Sent: den 26 januari 2011 17:50
    To: [email protected]
    Cc: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Developers] Patient entering their own data?

Krister,
    Regards,
    Shashank
    Krister,

Regards,

Mihai

Regards

Krister
    Thanks Shashank,

I had not heard about this before, but it seems like an excellent choice. Data could always be combined after extraction of data from OpenClinica.

I will take a look at this an keep you posted. Thanks for the advice.

Best regards

Krister
    Sent: den 26 januari 2011 17:50
    Cc: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Developers] Patient entering their own data?

Krister,
    Regards,
    Shashank
    Krister,

Regards,

Mihai

Regards

Krister
    Yes we have considered a survey tools as well and will probably go for that solution.

/Krister
    Sent: den 26 januari 2011 18:02
    Subject: Re: [Users] Patient entering their own data?

I’m not sure I’d want to attempt this with OpenClinica. The idea of trying to train and support 200 patients and get their data in at the right times frightens me! Have you thought of collecting the data using electronic survey tools, which by design are more user friendly? Collecting the data that way you could either you could either import it into OpenClinica CRFs or merge it with the rest of the study data using a tool such as SAS prior to analysis.

Rick.

Regards

Krister
  • mhnjiemhnjie Posts: 2
    This is Mansour from the Gambia, I am the one who add you as a friend on face book.
    How are you doing?
    Sent: 27 January 2011 15:33

Yes we have considered a survey tools as well and will probably go for that solution.

/Krister

Rick.

Regards

Krister
    DISCLAIMER: This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error please notify us and remove it from your system. Any views and opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of MRC (UK) The Gambia Unit
  • rwattsrwatts Posts: 102
    We have some experience with Lime Survey and also Checkbox Survey Server. Lime Survey, being open source, gives you access to the source code. However I understand it’s data structures are not optimal. Checkbox is a sophisticated commercial product and has an API that includes web services. You may be able to use web services to move the survey data into OpenClinica (if that’s what you need).

Rick.
    Sent: January 27, 2011 8:33 AM

/Krister

Rick.

Regards

Krister
This discussion has been closed.