We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Memory Leak? Error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Dear OC users,

I am having problem with my oc instance becomes not responsive and the tomcat logs says: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space. I googled the error and it says this is memory leak. According to my research, by adding “XX:MaxPermSize=180m" to Catalina.sh file will only delay the time after which the error is thrown. I am not sure what to do here since I am new to Linux. My OC server is 3.0.4.1 installed over Redhat Enterprise 5.5 64bit. Thanks a lot.

Hui Fang
System Administrator
Molecular NeuroImaging, LLC

This messagescontains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not an addressee, any dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have inadvertently received this message and delete it from your computer system.

Comments

• miklamikla Posts: 20
    Hello.
    Try to increase maximum memory heap size to 180m by adding following line into Catalina.sh
    JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx180m"
    On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 8:08 PM, Hui Fang wrote:
    Dear OC users,

I am having problem with my oc instance becomes not responsive and the tomcat logs says: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space. I googled the error and it says this is memory leak. According to my research, by adding “XX:MaxPermSize=180m" to Catalina.sh file will only delay the time after which the error is thrown. I am not sure what to do here since I am new to Linux. My OC server is 3.0.4.1 installed over Redhat Enterprise 5.5 64bit. Thanks a lot.

Hui Fang
    System Administrator
    Molecular NeuroImaging, LLC

This messagescontains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not an addressee, any dissemination, distribution,
    or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have inadvertently received this message and delete it from your computer system.
This discussion has been closed.