We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

WG: Re: missing data in openclinica export

Hi all,
we also have similar problems to what was described by Mark and Claudia. We are using OC 3.0.2.
With the role of a Data Manager I have been changing study data after the CRFs were marked complete and the changes were saved correctly in the database. Looking at the data extracts later I found out that in some particular cases the changes were not reflected in the data extracts, the exported values were the old ones. I have used Query Management Tracking functionalities (Query, Reason for change etc. ) with the data changes. The study data of some patients seem to be corrupt.
Have you had any solutions to this problem yet?
Regards
Rainer
---------------------------------------
Data Manager
Pharmtrace
------------------
----- Weitergeleitet von Rainer Baumann/pharmtrace am 23.03.2011 10:47 -----
Von: Claudia Trepte
An: [email protected]
Datum: 21.03.2011 13:31
Betreff: Re: [Users] missing data in openclinica export
Gesendet von: [email protected]
Hi,
we have problems similar to what Mark described. We are using OC 3.0.4, PostgreSQL 8.4 on a Windows XP server (all in English).
We have two sets of data (same CRF, same version, two different events) they appear completely blank when exported (both in Excel and SPSS exports) although data has been entered and is visible in Data Entry and View modes. I just noticed that for another CRF where data have been changed the change is not exported, the exported values are the "old" ones.
I must admit that this is a little troubling as we cannot do a 100% check on all data exports. The validation we did in the beginning was fine and we have not been able to reproduce this error, thousands of other data entered and/or changed export correctly.
Best regards,
Claudia
-------
Data Manager
NovaShunt AG
Am 3/21/2011 10:10 AM, schrieb Mark te Pas:
Hi Krister,

We use version 3.0.4.1 (upgrade last november) on CentOS 5.4 (server OS) with PostgreSQL 8.4 (database) all in English.

Hope you can help!

Best,
Mark

----
Mark te Pas
AMC-CPCD Foundation
Pietersbergweg 17
1105 BM Amsterdam
The Netherlands
T: +31 (0)20-5661589
E: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:22 PM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Users] missing data in openclinica export

Hi Mark,

Which version of OC do you use? What is your server OS? What language version of the OS? I have tried to reproduce the events that you describe in OC 3.0.4.1 but have not been able to reproduce your problems.

Regards

Krister
Sent: den 17 mars 2011 15:21
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Users] missing data in openclinica export

Dear OC users,

First we have problems with correction of data after a CRF has been marked complete. Example: a CRF is marked complete but the data manager wants to make changes after monitoring. Some of the changes made are shown in the open clinica database but are not reflected when doing a data export to excel. The old, incorrect, data will show in the excel sheet. We discovered that when you change data in the database sometimes a exclamation mark shows that warns you that data have been changed and you must provide a reason. When you do this you can save the data and they changes will be reflected in the export. However, for some reasons, sometimes the exclamation mark does not appear. The system will tell you the data have been saved but the changes are not reflected in the export.

Furthermore we have a particular patient with a completed form that does not appear in the excel export. The patient ID is in the export, the interviewer and interview date are there but all other fields are empty although these fields are completed in the database.

We have a particular fields for which the content is exported for some patients but not for others (for example blood pressure; we have data in the database for 10 patients but in the excel export the field is empty for 5 of those patients)

We have a form that has 2 version: in version 1 one field was missing. In version 2 this field was added. When we export the data to excel, both versions are exported but the added field is missing in the export. When we look at the definition of the export, there is not option to add this field to the export.

Many thanks in advance for all help!

Mark

----
Mark te Pas
AMC-CPCD Foundation
Pietersbergweg 17
1105 BM Amsterdam
The Netherlands

Comments

• mtepasmtepas Posts: 6
    Hi All,

Up to now we have not been able to find a solution. We recognize the description of the problems of Rainer and Claudia and now have experienced the problem in different studies using OC. Krister, it doesn’t seem to be as rare as you first assumed, are you sure it cannot be in the code? Very curious to see what Paul and Tom think as well!

Regards,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands
    Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:48 AM
    Subject: [Users] WG: Re: missing data in openclinica export

Hi all,
    we also have similar problems to what was described by Mark and Claudia. We are using OC 3.0.2.
    With the role of a Data Manager I have been changing study data after the CRFs were marked complete and the changes were saved correctly in the database. Looking at the data extracts later I found out that in some particular cases the changes were not reflected in the data extracts, the exported values were the old ones. I have used Query Management Tracking functionalities (Query, Reason for change etc. ) with the data changes. The study data of some patients seem to be corrupt.
    Regards
    Rainer
    Data Manager
    Pharmtrace
    ------------------
    Von:

Claudia Trepte
    An:

[email protected]
    Datum:

21.03.2011 13:31
    Betreff:

Re: [Users] missing data in openclinica export
    Gesendet von:

[email protected]

Hi,
    we have problems similar to what Mark described. We are using OC 3.0.4, PostgreSQL 8.4 on a Windows XP server (all in English).
    We have two sets of data (same CRF, same version, two different events) they appear completely blank when exported (both in Excel and SPSS exports) although data has been entered and is visible in Data Entry and View modes. I just noticed that for another CRF where data have been changed the change is not exported, the exported values are the "old" ones.
    I must admit that this is a little troubling as we cannot do a 100% check on all data exports. The validation we did in the beginning was fine and we have not been able to reproduce this error, thousands of other data entered and/or changed export correctly.
    Best regards,
    Claudia
    -------
    Data Manager
    NovaShunt AG
    Hi Krister,

We use version 3.0.4.1 (upgrade last november) on CentOS 5.4 (server OS) with PostgreSQL 8.4 (database) all in English.

Hope you can help!

Best,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Hi Mark,

Which version of OC do you use? What is your server OS? What language version of the OS? I have tried to reproduce the events that you describe in OC 3.0.4.1 but have not been able to reproduce your problems.

Regards

Krister

Dear OC users,

First we have problems with correction of data after a CRF has been marked complete. Example: a CRF is marked complete but the data manager wants to make changes after monitoring. Some of the changes made are shown in the open clinica database but are not reflected when doing a data export to excel. The old, incorrect, data will show in the excel sheet. We discovered that when you change data in the database sometimes a exclamation mark shows that warns you that data have been changed and you must provide a reason. When you do this you can save the data and they changes will be reflected in the export. However, for some reasons, sometimes the exclamation mark does not appear. The system will tell you the data have been saved but the changes are not reflected in the export.

Furthermore we have a particular patient with a completed form that does not appear in the excel export. The patient ID is in the export, the interviewer and interview date are there but all other fields are empty although these fields are completed in the database.

We have a particular fields for which the content is exported for some patients but not for others (for example blood pressure; we have data in the database for 10 patients but in the excel export the field is empty for 5 of those patients)

We have a form that has 2 version: in version 1 one field was missing. In version 2 this field was added. When we export the data to excel, both versions are exported but the added field is missing in the export. When we look at the definition of the export, there is not option to add this field to the export.

Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands
  • Hi Mark (and everyone else),
    We have created an issue for this under Mantis and are currently working on a solution for this to be released with OpenClinica 3.1. You can follow its status here:
    https://issuetracker.openclinica.com/view.php?id=8293
    The short answer is that we have already identified the cause, and we are currently working on a solution that will repair the errors already present in the item_data table. Our goal is to generate a SQL function that will run automatically, using Liquibase, upon install of an updated version of OpenClinica to the database.
    A similar fix will be generated for OpenClinica 3.0.x, but only after our 3.1 release. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional comments about this issue.
    Best, Tom Hickerson
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Fri 3/25/2011 18:15
    Subject: Re: [Users] WG: Re: missing data in openclinica export

Hi All,
    Up to now we have not been able to find a solution. We recognize the description of the problems of Rainer and Claudia and now have experienced the problem in different studies using OC. Krister, it doesn't seem to be as rare as you first assumed, are you sure it cannot be in the code? Very curious to see what Paul and Tom think as well!
    Regards,
    Mark
    ----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands
    Hi all,
    Regards
    Rainer
    Data Manager
    Pharmtrace
    ------------------
    Von:
    Claudia Trepte
    An:
    [email protected]
    Datum:
    Betreff:
    Gesendet von:
    [email protected]
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭
    I would upgrade to 3.0.4.1, there were various issues with the early releases. I would also try to reproduce it. What versions of Java, Tomcat and PG are you running.

Regards

Krister
    Sent: 25 March 2011 17:15

Hi All,

Up to now we have not been able to find a solution. We recognize the description of the problems of Rainer and Claudia and now have experienced the problem in different studies using OC. Krister, it doesn’t seem to be as rare as you first assumed, are you sure it cannot be in the code? Very curious to see what Paul and Tom think as well!

Regards,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Hi all,
    Regards
    Rainer
    Data Manager
    Pharmtrace
    ------------------
    Von:

Claudia Trepte
    An:

[email protected]
    Datum:

Betreff:

Gesendet von:

[email protected]

Hi,
    Best regards,
    Claudia
    -------
    Data Manager
    NovaShunt AG
    Hi Krister,

Hope you can help!

Best,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Hi Mark,

Regards

Krister

Dear OC users,

Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands
    I would upgrade to 3.0.4.1, there were various issues with the early releases. I would also try to reproduce it. What versions of Java, Tomcat and PG are you running.

Regards

Krister

Hi All,

Regards,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Hi all,
    Regards
    Rainer
    Data Manager
    Pharmtrace
    ------------------
    Von:

Claudia Trepte
    An:

[email protected]
    Datum:

Betreff:

Gesendet von:

[email protected]

Hi,
    Best regards,
    Claudia
    -------
    Data Manager
    NovaShunt AG
    Hi Krister,

Hope you can help!

Best,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Hi Mark,

Regards

Krister

Dear OC users,

Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands
    Hi Krister,

We are using:
    Java : jdk1.6.0_20
    Tomcat : apache-tomcat-6.0.26
    PostgreSQL 8.4.1

Regards,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands
    Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2011 3:50 PM
    To: [email protected]; '[email protected]'; [email protected]

Regards

Krister

Hi All,

Regards,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Hi all,
    Regards
    Rainer
    Data Manager
    Pharmtrace
    ------------------
    Von:

Claudia Trepte
    An:

[email protected]
    Datum:

Betreff:

Gesendet von:

[email protected]

Hi,
    Best regards,
    Claudia
    -------
    Data Manager
    NovaShunt AG
    Hi Krister,

Hope you can help!

Best,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Hi Mark,

Regards

Krister

Dear OC users,

Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands
    Hi Krister,

We are using:
    PostgreSQL 8.4.1

Regards,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Regards

Krister

Hi All,

Regards,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Hi all,
    Regards
    Rainer
    Data Manager
    Pharmtrace
    ------------------
    Von:

Claudia Trepte
    An:

[email protected]
    Datum:

Betreff:

Gesendet von:

[email protected]

Hi,
    Best regards,
    Claudia
    -------
    Data Manager
    NovaShunt AG
    Hi Krister,

Hope you can help!

Best,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands
    To: [email protected]org; [email protected]

Hi Mark,

Regards

Krister

Dear OC users,

Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands
    That sounds fine. Apparently Paul et al have found a bug in the code as you probably noticed.

Regards

Krister
    Sent: 28 March 2011 13:34
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Hi Krister,

We are using:
    PostgreSQL 8.4.1

Regards,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Regards

Krister

Hi All,

Regards,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Hi all,
    Regards
    Rainer
    Data Manager
    Pharmtrace
    ------------------
    Von:

Claudia Trepte
    An:

[email protected]
    Datum:

Betreff:

Gesendet von:

[email protected]

Hi,
    Best regards,
    Claudia
    -------
    Data Manager
    NovaShunt AG
    Hi Krister,

Hope you can help!

Best,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Hi Mark,

Regards

Krister

Dear OC users,

Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands
    That sounds fine. Apparently Paul et al have found a bug in the code as you probably noticed.

Regards

Krister
    Sent: 28 March 2011 13:34
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Hi Krister,

We are using:
    PostgreSQL 8.4.1

Regards,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Regards

Krister

Hi All,

Regards,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Hi all,
    Regards
    Rainer
    Data Manager
    Pharmtrace
    ------------------
    Von:

Claudia Trepte
    An:

[email protected]
    Datum:

Betreff:

Gesendet von:

[email protected]

Hi,
    Best regards,
    Claudia
    -------
    Data Manager
    NovaShunt AG
    Hi Krister,

Hope you can help!

Best,
    Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands

Hi Mark,

Regards

Krister

Dear OC users,

Mark

----
    Mark te Pas
    AMC-CPCD Foundation
    Pietersbergweg 17
    1105 BM Amsterdam
    The Netherlands
This discussion has been closed.