We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

rules not working

Hi all,

I used to be able to get rules to work on an older version of OpenClinica. We upgraded several months ago, and now the same rules get an error. I'm using version OpenClinica 3.0.4 installed on a SUSE Linux server. I have read through all postings related to this error, but no one ever seems to give a useful response. The error is:
"Your XML is not well-formed, and does not comply with the rules schema. Please check it, and try again. It returned the message: Line : -1 - cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'RuleImport'."
I attached the xml of one of the rules I have tried. I have tried several others as well. 'RuleImport' is very obviously present. There aren't any extra characters that I am aware of. I tried typing up the rule from scratch in different xml editors and notepad, etc. just in case that was causing a problem.

I found this website http://trac.biostr.washington.edu/trac/wiki/OpenClinicaCentOS, section 2b. Those files do not exist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Julie

[email protected]
firstdate4.xml

SE_PATIENTREGISTRATION.F_WEBRPR_20110425.I_WEBRP_01_FIRST_DATE

First Date of Service cannot occur earlier than Date of Birth

First Date is less than Date of Birth
I_WEBRP_01_FIRST_DATE lt I_WEBRP_07_DOB

Attachments:
firstdate4.xml 573 bytes

Comments

• DJudgeDJudge Posts: 35
    One possible problem is that the tag doesn't have a group identifier. There should be an "IG_…" label between F_WEBRPR_20110425 and I_WEBRP_01_FIRST_DATE (even if the field is ungrouped)
    Dave
    Sent: 10 May 2011 13:32
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] rules not working

Hi all,

I used to be able to get rules to work on an older version of OpenClinica. We upgraded several months ago, and now the same rules get an error. I'm using version OpenClinica 3.0.4 installed on a SUSE Linux server. I have read through all postings related to this error, but no one ever seems to give a useful response. The error is:
    "Your XML is not well-formed, and does not comply with the rules schema. Please check it, and try again. It returned the message: Line : -1 - cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'RuleImport'."
    I attached the xml of one of the rules I have tried. I have tried several others as well. 'RuleImport' is very obviously present. There aren't any extra characters that I am aware of. I tried typing up the rule from scratch in different xml editors and notepad, etc. just in case that was causing a problem.

I found this website http://trac.biostr.washington.edu/trac/wiki/OpenClinicaCentOS, section 2b. Those files do not exist.

Thanks,
    Julie

[email protected]
  • jmedaliejmedalie Posts: 32
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. I added the IG portion of the label and attached the corrected xml. I still get the same error.

thanks,
    Julie
    >>> David Judge 5/10/2011 9:05 AM >>>
    One possible problem is that the tag doesn't have a group identifier. There should be an "IG_…" label between F_WEBRPR_20110425 and I_WEBRP_01_FIRST_DATE (even if the field is ungrouped)
    Dave

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Julie

[email protected]
    firstdate4.xml

SE_PATIENTREGISTRATION.F_WEBRPR_20110503.IG_WEBRE_UNGROUPED.I_WEBRP_01_FIRST_DATE

First Date of Service cannot occur earlier than Date of Birth

First Date is less than Date of Birth
    I_WEBRP_01_FIRST_DATE lt I_WEBRP_07_DOB

Attachments:
    firstdate4.xml 592 bytes
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Hello Julie,
    Excuse me for asking, but: are you 100% sure you point to the right file-location and not by any chance to an empty file?
    Try Save-As in your editor and then upload the file with the new name.
    All the best,
    Gerben Rienk

Van: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Namens Julie Medalie
    Verzonden: dinsdag 10 mei 2011 15:11
    Aan: [email protected]
    Onderwerp: Re: [Users] rules not working

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. I added the IG portion of the label and attached the corrected xml. I still get the same error.

thanks,
    Julie
    Dave

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Julie

[email protected]
    Thanks for the response, Gerben.

Unfortunately, this does not solve the problem. I am in positive I am pointing to the correct file location.

thanks,
    Julie
    >>> "Gerben Rienk" 5/10/2011 10:39 AM >>>
    Hello Julie,
    Excuse me for asking, but: are you 100% sure you point to the right file-location and not by any chance to an empty file?
    All the best,
    Gerben Rienk

Hi Dave,

thanks,
    Julie
    Dave

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Julie

[email protected]
    I've used your file Julie and just changed the target and expression OIDs to match my study - and it loads fine.
    I don't think the problem is with the XML file.
    Dave
    Sent: 10 May 2011 16:03
    Subject: Re: [Users] rules not working

Unfortunately, this does not solve the problem. I am in positive I am pointing to the correct file location.

thanks,
    Julie
    Hello Julie,
    All the best,
    Gerben Rienk

Hi Dave,

thanks,
    Julie
    Dave

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Julie

[email protected]
    Thanks, Dave.

I was afraid of that. So, what could the problem be? Why would OpenClinica not recognize the 'RuleImport' in my XMLs? Could something have been done incorrectly with my installation? Everything else works fine, so far.

Thanks,
    Julie

>>> David Judge 5/10/2011 11:31 AM >>>
    I've used your file Julie and just changed the target and expression OIDs to match my study - and it loads fine.
    Dave

thanks,
    Julie
    Hello Julie,
    All the best,
    Gerben Rienk

Hi Dave,

thanks,
    Julie
    Dave

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Julie

[email protected]
    Once when I upgraded I forgot to clear the Tomcat 'work' folder - caused lots of strange problems.
    I also cleared the openclinica.data folder (not sure if it was strictly necessary though)
    That's all I have,
    Dave
    Sent: 10 May 2011 16:36

Thanks, Dave.

I was afraid of that. So, what could the problem be? Why would OpenClinica not recognize the 'RuleImport' in my XMLs? Could something have been done incorrectly with my installation? Everything else works fine, so far.

Thanks,
    Julie

Dave

thanks,
    Julie
    Hello Julie,
    All the best,
    Gerben Rienk

Hi Dave,

thanks,
    Julie
    Dave

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Julie

[email protected]
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Hello again Julie,
    Another thing I wondered: does user tomcat have all rights in and is owner of the folder openclinica.data including subdir rules?
    I can imagine that you try to upload a file, but tomcat doesn’t have sufficient rights to put it on the server, and then OC tries to read something that isn’t there and hence can not find the element RuleImport.
    Good luck with solving this puzzle,
    Gerben Rienk

Hi Dave,

thanks,
    Julie
    Dave

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Julie

[email protected]
    Hi all,

Thanks for all your help with figuring out why my rules weren't working. I asked an IT guy here to take a look and he noticed that novel suse has an IBM version of JAVA instead of Sun (oracle). When he installed the Sun version, everything works fine now.

thanks,
    Julie
    >>> David Judge 5/10/2011 12:03 PM >>>
    Once when I upgraded I forgot to clear the Tomcat 'work' folder - caused lots of strange problems.
    I also cleared the openclinica.data folder (not sure if it was strictly necessary though)
    That's all I have,
    Dave
    Sent: 10 May 2011 16:36

Thanks, Dave.

Thanks,
    Julie

Dave

thanks,
    Julie
    Hello Julie,
    All the best,
    Gerben Rienk

Hi Dave,

thanks,
    Julie
    Dave

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Julie

[email protected]
  • TpairTpair Posts: 1
    Yea!!
This discussion has been closed.