Testing the SPSS export in the new version 3.1.1 with a small CRF I found the several problems :
1. In the SPS file the name of the DAT file has a different time stamp than the file produced with the export (works after manually correcting it)
2. The DAT file contains an extra empty line in the beginning, therefore data start in line 3 not line 2 as expected by the SPS file
(works after changing "FIRSTCASE = 2" to "FIRSTCASE = 3" in the SPS file or after deleting the extra empty line in the DAT file)
3. Data from repeating groups in non-repeating events are not exported at all. However, data from repeating groups in repeating events export.
4. For data of format DATE the formats in DAT file and SPS file don't correspond and the data are therefore imported in SPSS as missing values
DAT file: yyyy-mm-dd
SPS file: mm/dd/yyyy
5. For data of format PDATE the SPS file specifies format "A". The data are imported correctly in SPSS but the length of the resulting variable is set to 255.
6. For response option values of typ ST the VALUE LABLES function in the SPS file produces an error because for text values syntax should have the following format
'value' "text" (the ' are missing)
7. Exporting multiple events in one data set (repeating and non-repeating, with two versions of one CRFs and some subject and event parameters) the sequence of the data in the DAT file and the SPS file does not match resulting in incorrect import in SPSS.
I have also reported these problems in the Issue Tracker. Has anyone notices additional problems with the SPSS export function? I haven't found any other reports on SPSS export issues when searching the forum and the issue tracker.
Does anyone know wether Akaza is already working on this problem and when a fix can be expected? I really want to use the new version 3.1 but with the SPSS export not working I will have to wait.