We are currently working on the forum. For the short-term, all forum content will be in read-only format. We apologize for the interruption and look forward to collaborating with you shortly. All the best in your research!

Monitoring in 3.0

Hi all,
We are currently using OC 3.0 in production.
We have a question regarding to monitor role in OC. We would like to know if it is possible to prevent users make any changes after SDV check?
“Forced Reason For Change in Administrative Editing” seems as the only option to check if any change is done after SDV. Since this option is primarily for checking changes in completed CRFs, we would also like to know if you can suggest us a better solution or a workaround?

Besides, our users are asking for a view-only role who cannot even create a discrepancy note. Do we have such role in OC 3.2?

We would appreciate any input.
Thanks,

Ildeniz Yayla

Systems Analyst
UAMS Information Technology
4301 W. Markham St., Suite#919
Little Rock, AR 72204
Phone: (501) 296-1311
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:03 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Users] Date problems

Hello,

I am running O.C. 2.5.3 and am having the following problem. It seems that the data base changes the values of the Month and date when entered giving incorrect values. It seems this is a systematic error where for example when you enter a date like DD/MM/YYYY as in 09/02/2010, the data base registers MM/DD-1/YYYY as in month and day are changed but also there is a reduction in the value of the month less one so our example here is registered as 09/01/2010.

From the above you can see that the date 09 becomes the month but value remains the same, however the month which now has become the date has its value reduced by one in the database.

I guess the database has the American system of dating while our CRFs used the British system but still, the reduction by one of the value of the month/day is still an error.

It also seems that where the value may have been entered as for example 23/10/2009, since the 23 is more than the expected value of a month, the value is coded as 98 in the data base. giving 98/09/2009.

Does anyone have any idea how I might be able to fix this? I have ~1700 patients and multiple forms and would prefer to avoid data re-entry if possible. I thought maybe a rule would fix this, but wanted to verify before I made the changes.

Thanks,

--
Alicia Guidry
[email protected]

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message..

Comments

• Hi all,
    We are currently using OC 3.0 in production.
    We have a question regarding to monitor role in OC. We would like to know if it is possible to prevent users make any changes after SDV check?
    “Forced Reason For Change in Administrative Editing” seems as the only option to check if any change is done after SDV. Since this option is primarily for checking changes in completed CRFs, we would also like to know if you can suggest us a better solution or a workaround?

Besides, our users are asking for a view-only role who cannot even create a discrepancy note. Do we have such role in OC 3.2?

We would appreciate any input.
    Thanks,

Ildeniz Yayla

Systems Analyst
    UAMS Information Technology
    4301 W. Markham St., Suite#919
    Little Rock, AR 72204
    Phone: (501) 296-1311

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments,
    is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
    confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review,
    use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
    intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
    e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message..
This discussion has been closed.