We are currently working on the forum. For the short-term, all forum content will be in read-only format. We apologize for the interruption and look forward to collaborating with you shortly. All the best in your research!

EXTRACTION PROBLEM: Changing item name for CRF's with data already entered in

Hello Kathryn,
Unfortunately from my experience with OC if an eCRF is removed from an event and this eCRF has data. The eCRF will remain attached to the subject’s record. The data will be viewable from the subject’s record but will not be available for extracting.

You can go back and select the http://oc_dm_test:8080/OpenClinica_DM_Test/images/bt_Remove.gif remove button for all those who have data in the eCRF. The data will continue to live there but things will be much clearer for the data entry person. If you decide you don’t want the data at all you can then select delete button and that will remove the old eCRF entirely from the subject’s record and the data.

Hope that piece of information is helpful to you.
Best Regards,

Maria R. Albelo, MA
Data Management Associate
Molecular NeuroImaging, LLC and
Institute for Neurodegenerative Disorders
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:43 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Users] EXTRACTION PROBLEM: Changing item name for CRF's with data already entered in

Maria,
Thanks for your advice (I work with Nadia). I like the idea of creating a new CRF (with a new name) with the numbers added to the item names and no longer using the old CRF that didn’t export in the correct order. If we do this, can we then re-define the events that used the old CRF and replace the old CRF with the new one? We already entered data in the old one so I’m not sure if it is possible at this point to remove it from an event.
Thanks,
Kathryn
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:47 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Re: [Users] EXTRACTION PROBLEM: Changing item name for CRF's with data already entered in

Hello Nadia,
The extract order is by item name. We add a number in front of our item names and it does help the extract to come out in a more useable order. This may work for you as well. Unfortunately, once you have data in an eCRF you are not able to modify the item names. Even if you remove the data and try to modify the eCRF it will not allow you to change the item names because the eCRF has been saved to the library. Now one thing you can do is save the eCRF as new with the item name changes and discontinue using the one in production. If you do this OC will ask you to change the eCRF name.

Hope this information helps.
Best regards,
Maria R. Albelo, MA
Data Management Associate
Molecular NeuroImaging, LLC and
Institute for Neurodegenerative Disorders
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:12 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Users] EXTRACTION PROBLEM: Changing item name for CRF's with data already entered in

Hello,
I had a general question about CRF extraction. I have a CRF that I realized, when extracting, does not extract in the order I need it to. Therefore I was wondering if it is possible to change the item names of the CRF’s I have already entered data into. I made a new rev for the CRF to test the format of the item name however now I want to actually change the item names of the CRF(with data entered). Is this at all possible? Or is it only possible to change the item names for the CRF’s before I entered data into the study.
Thanks!

Nadia
Nadia ElKaissi
Intern
NDI Medical
[email protected]

NDI MEDICAL, LLC E-MAIL DISCLAIMER AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail message and attachments (if any) is intended only for the addressee(s) and is subject to copyright. This e-mail message may contain information which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by return e-mail and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this e-mail message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. No representation is made that this e-mail or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient. Unless specifically stated, this e-mail message does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender, NDI Medical, LLC or its affiliates.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not an addressee, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have inadvertently received this message and delete it from your computer system.
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not an addressee, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have inadvertently received this message and delete it from your computer system.
This discussion has been closed.