We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Show/Hide items problem

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with Show/hide items. I created my CRF using Simple conditional display and it works fine, if it was used only for one hidden item. But when I made bigger table, for example with 12 items, where each of this 12 item has assigned three extra hidden items (it should stay hidden If answer is No, and should be shown If answer is Yes).
Now about my problem. It seems to work fine during data entry – I choose Yes, hidden field comes visible, I choose No, it stays hidden. Okay. But when I hit „SAVE“ – it behave weird. All of the twelve main items shows one of the hidden items assigned to it (I hide three items), which should stay hidden!
Hope I described it clearly. I attached xml file of my CRF.
Can You give me some advise, please?

Thank You very much!

Zuzana Doupovcová
Data Manager
ADDS
cell.: +420 775 022 840
tel.: +420 532 195 997
email: [email protected]

P Think of nature ... Do you really need to print out this e-mail?

ADDS is a leading European CRO and CSO, offering full coverage of Phase I to IV clinical trials and late-phase studies for drugs and medical devices as well as complete Vigilance and Risk Management services - accompanying the product from its first day of conception until the late phases of its life cycle. Being a member of JSW-CI, a pan-European provider of global clinical research solutions, we are present across Europe: Western, Central and Eastern Europe including Russia. For further information, please feel free to contact us.
ADDS, Jana Uhra 10, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic, tel: +420 532 195 996, fax: +420 532 195 966

Popis: ADDSnewlogo2012
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message and any attachments from ADDS may contain confidential and privileged information and are intended solely for the recipient(s). Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately notify the sender of the original message.

Attachments:
DEMOGRAPHHICS and MEDICAL HISTORY_SHOW_HIDE.xls 85.5 KB

Comments

• Ric_SimRic_Sim Posts: 310
    How did you make this?

I have something like that that i made this way
    item1 values:1,2,3

item1,1,some text
    item1,2,some text
    item1,3,some text

if you have it like this and that still happens maybe you have some rule messing with it, after all rules aply when you save and that error only happen when you press save
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk ✭✭✭ Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Hello Zuzana,

The reason of this behaviour is that your single-selectstake the first option as a default. I add a default value, which was not an option (--select--), to the single-selects and it works fine.
    I also cleaned the ReponseLabels a bit.
    Hope this helps,

Gerben Rienk Visser
    http://www.trialdatasolutions.com

Van: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Namens Zuzana Doupovcova
    Verzonden: dinsdag 21 februari 2012 16:43
    Aan: [email protected]
    Onderwerp: [Users] Show/Hide items problem

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with Show/hide items. I created my CRF using Simple conditional display and it works fine, if it was used only for one hidden item. But when I made bigger table, for example with 12 items, where each of this 12 item has assigned three extra hidden items (it should stay hidden If answer is No, and should be shown If answer is Yes).
    Now about my problem. It seems to work fine during data entry – I choose Yes, hidden field comes visible, I choose No, it stays hidden. Okay. But when I hit „SAVE“ – it behave weird. All of the twelve main items shows one of the hidden items assigned to it (I hide three items), which should stay hidden!

Thank You very much!

Zuzana Doupovcová
    Data Manager
    ADDS

ADDS is a leading European CRO and CSO, offering full coverage of Phase I to IV clinical trials and late-phase studies for drugs and medical devices as well as complete Vigilance and Risk Management services - accompanying the product from its first day of conception until the late phases of its life cycle. Being a member of JSW-CI, a pan-European provider of global clinical research solutions, we are present across Europe: Western, Central and Eastern Europe including Russia. For further information, please feel free to contact us.
    ADDS, Jana Uhra 10, 602 00 Brno, Czech Republic, tel: +420 532 195 996, fax: +420 532 195 966

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
    This message and any attachments from ADDS may contain confidential and privileged information and are intended solely for the recipient(s). Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately notify the sender of the original message.

Attachments:
    DemoGraphicsZP.zip 22.1 KB
  • Hi Gerben,

Thanks a lot for Your help, I totally forgot to fill out the column with default value. Now it works exactly like I needed.
    Thank You!

Zuzana Doupovcova
    Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:08 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] Show/Hide items problem

Hello Zuzana,

The reason of this behaviour is that your single-selectstake the first option as a default. I add a default value, which was not an option (--select--), to the single-selects and it works fine.
    I also cleaned the ReponseLabels a bit.
    Hope this helps,

Gerben Rienk Visser
    http://www.trialdatasolutions.com

Van: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Namens Zuzana Doupovcova
    Verzonden: dinsdag 21 februari 2012 16:43
    Aan: [email protected]
    Onderwerp: [Users] Show/Hide items problem

Hello everybody,

Thank You very much!

Zuzana Doupovcová
    Data Manager
    ADDS

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This discussion has been closed.