We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Fixed column tables

This question has been asked before but I wanted to check if any one has come up with a solution.
I want to create a group table that has its first column as text and not an input field. For example in the table below the medication name would be text and then there would be an input field for each question. The way I have coded it before is to make the medication a select list, but this isn't a very good solution as the user has to add a row for each medication, other than that I can only think of making each medication a separate question.
I am running 3.0.4 but can't see anything in 3.1 which might help.
It would be very useful to be able to do this.
Many thanks for any ideas,
Scott
Medication question 1 question2 question3
Medication 1

Medication 2

Medication 3

Medication 4

--
Scott Rodger
Medat Data Solutions
tel: 07815770095
www.medat.co.uk

Comments

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Hello Scott,

A similar situation is described on
    http://www.trialdatasolutions.com/tds/howto/defaultrepeatingitems.jsp
    But it only works for 3.1.2
    Kind regards,

Gerben Rienk
    http://www.trialdatasolutions.com

Van: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Namens Scott Rodger
    Verzonden: vrijdag 24 februari 2012 11:23
    Aan: OpenClinica - Users
    Onderwerp: [Users] Fixed column tables

This question has been asked before but I wanted to check if any one has come up with a solution.
    I want to create a group table that has its first column as text and not an input field. For example in the table below the medication name would be text and then there would be an input field for each question. The way I have coded it before is to make the medication a select list, but this isn't a very good solution as the user has to add a row for each medication, other than that I can only think of making each medication a separate question.
    Scott
    Medication

question 1

question2

question3
    Medication 1

Medication 2

Medication 3

Medication 4

--
    Scott Rodger
    Medat Data Solutions
    www.medat.co.uk
  • If I have understood well, the workaround I used to solve the problem has been a fixed grid were the first column
    will be populated automatically using a rule (showaction and insertaction) and then another rule to check that data will not modified.
    In this case you need to create 2 sections, one, non-repeating with a question like '... has been performed?' and if yes the rule show
    the other section (grid) and automatically populate the first column (oc 3.1).

Regards
    Alfonso.
    Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 11:23
    To: OpenClinica - Users
    Subject: [Users] Fixed column tables
    Scott
    Medication question 1 question2 question3
    Medication 1

Medication 2

Medication 3

Medication 4

--
    Scott Rodger
    Medat Data Solutions
    www.medat.co.uk