We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Import whole study data into SAS

Dear all,

for further data checking and reporting we export the OC study data in CDISSC-ODM format and import it with PROC CDISC in SAS. The problem is that I can only import data with PROC CDISC when I exported the study data from one site at one go. In an older posting I read that:
“Open Clinica exports the site as a study (all sites are created as studies in open clinica and linked to the parent study id, the parent study id tells whether this is a site or a study) So in the ODM export you get the different sites as different studies within the tag, that is if you have 3 sites in your study, in the ODM Export XML file you will get the three times with the clinical data/subject data /study event data etc within that study tag. In short Open Clinica currently does not support the SiteRef/@LocationOID tag”

Does anyone know how to import the xml-file with all sites data into SAS or how to edit the xml-file that this can be done?

Kind regards,

Gisela Braukmüller

Data Manager

GCP-Service International Ltd. & Co. KG

Anne-Conway-Str. 2
28359 Bremen, Germany

Tel +49 (0)421 89 67 66 22
Fax +49 (0)421 43 48 659

Email [email protected]
Web www.gcp-service.com

Handelsregister Bremen HRA24928 HB
Commercial Register Cardiff 06379255
Geschäftsführer / CEO Dr. Andreas Grund
Ust. IdNr. / VAT-No DE814923805

Comments

• gopalvgopalv Posts: 47
    Dear Gisela,

The simplest way would be to export the ODM at individual site level instead of study.
    So if you have 3 sites, you will end up with 3 ODM XML files, but you can easily merge them in SAS as the study metadata (study configuration) will be same for all.

Regards
    Gopal.V
    Zifo Technologies Pvt Ltd
    Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 12:36 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Import whole study data into SAS

Dear all,

for further data checking and reporting we export the OC study data in CDISSC-ODM format and import it with PROC CDISC in SAS. The problem is that I can only import data with PROC CDISC when I exported the study data from one site at one go. In an older posting I read that:

“Open Clinica exports the site as a study (all sites are created as studies in open clinica and linked to the parent study id, the parent study id tells whether this is a site or a study) So in the ODM export you get the different sites as different studies within the tag, that is if you have 3 sites in your study, in the ODM Export XML file you will get the three times with the clinical data/subject data /study event data etc within that study tag. In short Open Clinica currently does not support the SiteRef/@LocationOID tag”

Does anyone know how to import the xml-file with all sites data into SAS or how to edit the xml-file that this can be done?

Kind regards,

Gisela Braukmüller

Data Manager

Anne-Conway-Str. 2
    28359 Bremen, Germany

Fax +49 (0)421 43 48 659

Email [email protected]
    Web www.gcp-service.com

• gbraukgbrauk Posts: 8
    Dear Gopal,

that is what I have done as long as I had only a few sites but in my next study I will have about 60 sites. Saving 60 ODM XML files and merging them afterwards in SAS seems to be very time-consuming if you have to do it once a week.

Kind regards,

Gisela Braukmüller

Data Manager

Anne-Conway-Str. 2
    28359 Bremen, Germany

Fax +49 (0)421 43 48 659

Email [email protected]
    Web www.gcp-service.com

Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Gopal V
    Gesendet: Freitag, 20. April 2012 10:15
    An: [email protected]
    Betreff: Re: [Users] Import whole study data into SAS

Dear Gisela,

The simplest way would be to export the ODM at individual site level instead of study.
    So if you have 3 sites, you will end up with 3 ODM XML files, but you can easily merge them in SAS as the study metadata (study configuration) will be same for all.

Regards
    Gopal.V

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Gisela Braukmüller

Data Manager

Anne-Conway-Str. 2
    28359 Bremen, Germany

Fax +49 (0)421 43 48 659

Email [email protected]
    Web www.gcp-service.com

• slebeauslebeau Posts: 6
    Hi Gisela,
    I agree with your comment and I'm very interested to know an alternative to the generation site by site.
    Kind regards
    Simon
    Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:57:47 +0200
    Subject: Re: [Users] Import whole study data into SAS
    Dear Gopal,

that is what I have done as long as I had only a few sites but in my next study I will have about 60 sites. Saving 60 ODM XML files and merging them afterwards in SAS seems to be very time-consuming if you have to do it once a week.

Kind regards,

Gisela Braukmüller

Data Manager

Anne-Conway-Str. 2
    28359 Bremen, Germany

Fax +49 (0)421 43 48 659

Email [email protected]
    Web www.gcp-service.com

Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Gopal V
    Gesendet: Freitag, 20. April 2012 10:15
    An: [email protected]
    Betreff: Re: [Users] Import whole study data into SAS

Dear Gisela,

Regards
    Gopal.V

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Gisela Braukmüller

Data Manager

Anne-Conway-Str. 2
    28359 Bremen, Germany

Fax +49 (0)421 43 48 659

Email [email protected]
    Web www.gcp-service.com