We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Only Enrolling A Subject With Web Service

Hi everyone,

I'll try to ask a similar question to what I've asked few days ago but with some refinements after trying different things.

Basically I'm trying to create a subject, and then enroll him to 3 different studies. Everything has to be done via the SOAP web-service. From what I understand, the only use-case in the SOAP webservice that exists for creating subjects - "Study-subject webservice", (action 1) creates the subject in openclinica and (action 2) enrolls him to a certain study. As a result, when I send the first request (out of 3 requests, each for a study) in "Study-subject webservice", the subject is created in OpenClinica and enrolled to the first study. But, requests two and three are rejected since the subject already exists in OpenClinica, it stops there, and the second action of study enrollment is not done.
Am I right about my assessment of how it works? Is there a way to only enroll a subject?

Thanks in advance
Ofri Shayer

Comments

• jjahrjjahr Posts: 41
    Hello,
    The subject creation would be your action, but the study selection is really a location or classification in the db rather than another action. Every subject must be assigned to a study, so a subject won't be created and then assigned. In order to enroll a single subject in three studies, you need to specify those three study locations in your request. The subject id may be the same across the three studies, but be sure to use different person id's, or don't use one at all.
    Joe
    Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone
    ----- Reply message -----
    To: "[email protected]"
    Subject: [Users] Only Enrolling A Subject With Web Service
    Date: Sun, Apr 22, 2012 4:51 am
    Hi everyone,

I'll try to ask a similar question to what I've asked few days ago but with some refinements after trying different things.

Basically I'm trying to create a subject, and then enroll him to 3 different studies. Everything has to be done via the SOAP web-service. From what I understand, the only use-case in the SOAP webservice that exists for creating subjects - "Study-subject webservice", (action 1) creates the subject in openclinica and (action 2) enrolls him to a certain study. As a result, when I send the first request (out of 3 requests, each for a study) in "Study-subject webservice", the subject is created in OpenClinica and enrolled to the first study. But, requests two and three are rejected since the subject already exists in OpenClinica, it stops there, and the second action of study enrollment is not done.
    Am I right about my assessment of how it works? Is there a way to only enroll a subject?

Thanks in advance
    Ofri Shayer

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not an addressee, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have inadvertently received this message and delete it from your computer system.
  • ccollinsccollins Posts: 380 admin
    Hi Ofri,

I filed a report for this in the issue tracker:
    https://issuetracker.openclinica.com/view.php?id=13955

You should be able to use the same person id across the three studies. I did not try to reproduce the problem, but it sounds like that’s what’s preventing you. Please add any more detail you can to the ticket and we’ll put it on the backlog to fix it in a future release.

Thanks,
    Cal
    Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2012 4:29 PM
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] Only Enrolling A Subject With Web Service

Hello,
    The subject creation would be your action, but the study selection is really a location or classification in the db rather than another action. Every subject must be assigned to a study, so a subject won't be created and then assigned. In order to enroll a single subject in three studies, you need to specify those three study locations in your request. The subject id may be the same across the three studies, but be sure to use different person id's, or don't use one at all.
    Joe
    Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4GLTE smartphone
    ----- Reply message -----
    To: "[email protected]"
    Subject: [Users] Only Enrolling A Subject With Web Service
    Date: Sun, Apr 22, 2012 4:51 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance
    Ofri Shayer

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not an addressee, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have inadvertently received this message and delete it from your computer system.
This discussion has been closed.