Workflow for OpenClinica Biz Processes??

Hello,

I work here for the National Institutes of Health specifically National Cancer Institute where we use OpenClinica for CaBIG platform – clinical trials study management, etc. However, I want to know if it’s possible to extend OpenClinica to model workflow diagrams of the business processes involved in the whole clinical trial process? Is it possible to use OpenClinica to map out the business rules, etc?

Thanks

- Alok

Alok Doshi
HHS Emerging Leaders Class of 2007
National Cancer Institute
Center for Bioinformatics and Information Technology

Comments

• Cal CollinsCal Collins Posts: 111
    Hi Alok,

What types of processes/ business rules did you have in mind? Modeling study execution or data management rules and workflows (eg patient schedules, source data verification, or form logic) could be accomplished using OpenClinica. We plan on working on these areas in late summer/fall and it would be great to work together with you.

Of course, the "whole clinical trials process" as you mention is considerably more broad and sophisticated - includes document management, contracts, approvals, budgeting, inventory, submissions, and many other components, so I'm interested to hear what you have in mind.

Best,
    Cal
    Sent: Friday, June 22, 2007 10:10 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Developers] Workflow for OpenClinica Biz Processes??
    Hello,

I work here for the National Institutes of Health specifically National Cancer Institute where we use OpenClinica for CaBIG platform – clinical trials study management, etc. However, I want to know if it’s possible to extend OpenClinica to model workflow diagrams of the business processes involved in the whole clinical trial process? Is it possible to use OpenClinica to map out the business rules, etc?

Thanks

- Alok

Alok Doshi
    HHS Emerging Leaders Class of 2007
    National Cancer Institute
    Center for Bioinformatics and Information Technology
This discussion has been closed.