We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Order of CRFs w/in an Event

Hi,

Does anyone know how OC determines in what order the CRFs appear w/in an event.

If anyone knows it would be a great help so I do not have to click away to get the CRFs in a particular order w/in an event.

Thanks in advance!

Manoj A. Jivani
Clinical Trials Manager
TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
8910 University Center Lane, Suite 700
San Diego, CA 92122
O: 858.550.0780 Ext. 225 | M: 619.318.8632 | F: 858.550.0786
Email: [email protected]
URL: www.traconpharma.com

The information in this e-mail is confidential information belonging to TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any copying, storing or dissemination of this e-mail or part thereof in any form is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or return e-mail. Thank you.

Comments

• lioraboliorabo Posts: 55
    Hi Manoj,

In order to rearrange the order of eCRFs within an event you need to do the following:
    Click Tasks -> Build study -> than view for 'Create event definitions' -> again view for the specific event you wish to arrange -> use the arrows to control the order of eCRFs.

The explanation above refers to the order of eCRFs at the study design stage.
    Sometimes the data entry is not performed at the same order the eCRFs were originally arranged; then the order changes according the data entry chronologic order.

Best Regards,
    Liora Bosch - Hommfor
    Clinical Data Manager
    A. Stein - Regulatory Affairs Consulting
    Beit Hapaamon (Suite 102)
    20 HaTaas Str. (P.O.B. 124)
    Kfar Saba 44425 ISRAEL
    Tel: +972-9-7670117
    Fax: +972-9-7668534
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 10:40 PM
    To: user Clinica
    Subject: [Users] Order of CRFs w/in an Event

Hi,

If anyone knows it would be a great help so I do not have to click away to get the CRFs in a particular order w/in an event.

Thanks in advance!

Manoj A. Jivani
    Clinical Trials Manager
    San Diego, CA 92122

The information in this e-mail is confidential information belonging to TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any copying, storing or dissemination of this e-mail or part thereof in any form is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or return e-mail. Thank you.
  • mjivanimjivani Posts: 6
    Hi Liora,

Thank you for your response. I understand how to rearrange the CRFs under build study and also know that the order will change when data entry starts.

However, my question is/was what order does OpenClinica arrange the CRFs initially? Is there a method to how they are arranged when selecting several CRFs within an event when creating the event. I know they can be rearranged under task – build study – etc etc by clicking on the arrows. But it would make it much easier to select the CRFs when building a event in the order you want to them to be arranged within a CRF if OpenClinica has some type of method.

I have tried selecting them in the order I want them, in alphabetical order, etc. but every time they are in a different order.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:09 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] Order of CRFs w/in an Event

Hi Manoj,

In order to rearrange the order of eCRFs within an event you need to do the following:
    Click Tasks -> Build study -> than view for 'Create event definitions' -> again view for the specific event you wish to arrange -> use the arrows to control the order of eCRFs.

Sometimes the data entry is not performed at the same order the eCRFs were originally arranged; then the order changes according the data entry chronologic order.

Best Regards,
    Liora Bosch - Hommfor
    Clinical Data Manager
    Kfar Saba 44425 ISRAEL

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Manoj A. Jivani
    Clinical Trials Manager
    San Diego, CA 92122

No virus found in this message.
    Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
    Version: 2013.0.3272 / Virus Database: 3162/6286 - Release Date: 04/30/13
  • ekenzekenz Posts: 18
    Hi,

I found that by adding each CRF to the event individually (rather than checked all the CRFs you want and adding them together), you can get them in the order that you want. It takes a little more time..

Hope this helps,
    Emma
    Sent: 01 May 2013 15:44
    Importance: High

Hi Liora,

Thank you for your response. I understand how to rearrange the CRFs under build study and also know that the order will change when data entry starts.

However, my question is/was what order does OpenClinica arrange the CRFs initially? Is there a method to how they are arranged when selecting several CRFs within an event when creating the event. I know they can be rearranged under task – build study – etc etc by clicking on the arrows. But it would make it much easier to select the CRFs when building a event in the order you want to them to be arranged within a CRF if OpenClinica has some type of method.

I have tried selecting them in the order I want them, in alphabetical order, etc. but every time they are in a different order.

Hi Manoj,

Best Regards,
    Liora Bosch - Hommfor
    Clinical Data Manager
    Kfar Saba 44425 ISRAEL

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Manoj A. Jivani
    Clinical Trials Manager
    San Diego, CA 92122

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096
  • stickysticky Posts: 39
    Hello,

When you are in the build study module, event definitions, go ahead and edit the event definition and add all of your CRFs. Once added, go back to the event definition and view it. You will see up-down arrows on the left of the screen next to each CRF, click the arrows to order the CRFs within the event definition.

Best,
    Alecia
    Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:16 AM

Hi,

I found that by adding each CRF to the event individually (rather than checked all the CRFs you want and adding them together), you can get them in the order that you want. It takes a little more time..

Hope this helps,
    Emma

Hi Liora,

Hi Manoj,

Best Regards,
    Liora Bosch - Hommfor
    Clinical Data Manager
    Kfar Saba 44425 ISRAEL

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Manoj A. Jivani
    Clinical Trials Manager
    San Diego, CA 92122

• LizRLizR Posts: 60
    Hi Emma,
    I've found the same thing, too. On the other hand, if you've got twenty CRFs in an event, it's a bit like getting nibbled to death like a duck.
    What does everyone else do? Do you take the order as it defaults? Do you do as Emma does and add them one at a time? Do you click the up and down buttons until you get it how you want it?
    Thanks and regards,
    Liz
    Liz Robertson
    Director of Data Management and IT
    [email protected]
    office: 858.550.0780 ext. 237
    cell: 760.481.5527
    Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 8:16 AM
    Hi,

Hope this helps,
    Emma

Hi Liora,

Hi Manoj,

Best Regards,
    Liora Bosch - Hommfor
    Clinical Data Manager
    Kfar Saba 44425 ISRAEL

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Manoj A. Jivani
    Clinical Trials Manager
    San Diego, CA 92122

Hi Alecia,

Yes, I am aware of the arrows to change the order of the CRFs. However, I am trying to avoid taking this extra step.
    Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:03 AM

Hello,

When you are in the build study module, event definitions, go ahead and edit the event definition and add all of your CRFs. Once added, go back to the event definition and view it. You will see up-down arrows on the left of the screen next to each CRF, click the arrows to order the CRFs within the event definition.

Best,
    Alecia
    Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:16 AM

Hi,

Hope this helps,
    Emma

Hi Liora,

Hi Manoj,

Best Regards,
    Liora Bosch - Hommfor
    Clinical Data Manager
    Kfar Saba 44425 ISRAEL

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Manoj A. Jivani
    Clinical Trials Manager
    San Diego, CA 92122

Hi Emma,

Thank you for the tip. I do this at times but like you stated its more time consuming.

I hope someone has a answer.

Manoj
    Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 8:16 AM

Hi,

Hope this helps,
    Emma

Hi Liora,

Hi Manoj,

Best Regards,
    Liora Bosch - Hommfor
    Clinical Data Manager
    Kfar Saba 44425 ISRAEL

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Manoj A. Jivani
    Clinical Trials Manager
    San Diego, CA 92122

This discussion has been closed.