We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Unable to enter data from subject screen once ""initial data entry"" has ocurred

Hi Guys, having a problem with continuing data entry in an event that has previously been started but not completed (and hence is marked as “data entry started”).

From the subject screen, clicking on the “Continue Entering Data” icon does nothing. I can view the event by clicking on the magnifying glass, but obviously can’t enter data from that screen.

However, I CAN continue entering data by firstly selecting an event from the drop down menu on the “Subject Matrix” screen and clicking on the enter data icon corresponding to the particular event (see below), but find it annoying that I have to go to that and not through the individual subject. Does anyone know why OC should be doing this?

Thanks

Ken

Comments

• mochisoftmochisoft Posts: 46
    Hi Ken,
    This might not be OC doing this. This behaviour is common with Mozilla Firefix especially after upgrading to version 20+. What version of Mozilla and OC are you currently using? Please trying doing the same thing in Internet explorer and let us know if you experience the same problem.
    Kind Regards,
    Michael.
    On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Kenneth Micklethwaite wrote:
    Hi Guys, having a problem with continuing data entry in an event that has previously been started but not completed (and hence is marked as “data entry started”).

From the subject screen, clicking on the “Continue Entering Data” icon does nothing. I can view the event by clicking on the magnifying glass, but obviously can’t enter data from that screen.

However, I CAN continue entering data by firstly selecting an event from the drop down menu on the “Subject Matrix” screen and clicking on the enter data icon corresponding to the particular event (see below), but find it annoying that I have to go to that and not through the individual subject. Does anyone know why OC should be doing this?

Thanks

Ken
  • Thanks Michael, that appears to be exactly the problem. Are there other browsers which cause the same problem and hence should avoid?

Ken
    Sent: Wednesday, 25 September 2013 4:58 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] Unable to enter data from subject screen once "initial data entry" has ocurred

Hi Ken,
    This might not be OC doing this. This behaviour is common with Mozilla Firefix especially after upgrading to version 20+. What version of Mozilla and OC are you currently using? Please trying doing the same thing in Internet explorer and let us know if you experience the same problem.
    Kind Regards,
    Michael.

Thanks

Ken
  • mochisoftmochisoft Posts: 46
    Hi Ken,
    OC is compatible with Internet Explorer and Mozilla from what I can get at https://community.openclinica.com/project/openclinica#systemreqs . If you have to continue using OpenClinica, you either downgrade your Mozilla version or upgrade your OpenClinica to version 3.1.4+
    Kind Regards,
    Michael.
    On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Kenneth Micklethwaite wrote:
    Thanks Michael, that appears to be exactly the problem. Are there other browsers which cause the same problem and hence should avoid?

Ken
    Subject: Re: [Users] Unable to enter data from subject screen once "initial data entry" has ocurred

Hi Ken,
    Kind Regards,
    Michael.

Thanks

Ken
  • Thanks Michael
    Sent: Wednesday, 25 September 2013 6:15 PM

Hi Ken,
    OC is compatible with Internet Explorer and Mozilla from what I can get at https://community.openclinica.com/project/openclinica#systemreqs . If you have to continue using OpenClinica, you either downgrade your Mozilla version or upgrade your OpenClinica to version 3.1.4+
    Kind Regards,
    Michael.

Thanks Michael, that appears to be exactly the problem. Are there other browsers which cause the same problem and hence should avoid?

Ken

Hi Ken,
    Kind Regards,
    Michael.

Thanks

Ken
  • sitysity Posts: 5
    Hi mike.
    I have also experience the same problem with mozilla and am now stuck to Internet Explorer but the problem with Internet Explorer is too slow
    Please advice
    Kibibi

Ken

Hi Ken,
    Kind Regards,
    Michael.

Thanks

Ken
  • sitysity Posts: 5
    Thank you mike.am answered from the reply to Ken
    kudos!!
    On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Michael Ochieng wrote:
    Hi Ken,
    Kind Regards,
    Michael.

Ken

Hi Ken,
    Kind Regards,
    Michael.

Thanks

Ken
This discussion has been closed.