We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Create Rules with item name intesd of item oid For CRF

Hi ,
I have CRFs with 3 sections ,I want add validation when user clicks on save to Crf For this i searched in openclinica and found Rulesets ,We have to create Rules to apply conditions on required items ,To create rules using Item oids intead of item names to create rules with item oids it is making me very difficuly because iam uploading almost 20 crfs having same item names to create rules for all it is making very burden ,
So please help me to resolve this problem
Thank you

Comments

• Manoj SoniManoj Soni Posts: 163
    Hi
    What I understand from your query, you have different crfs with same item name.
    OpenClinica generates different OIDs for same item name. And Rule is created using Item OID only not by item name.
    Hope this helps.
    Manoj
    On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Madhavi Managapati wrote:
    Hi ,
    I have CRFs with 3 sections ,I want add validation when user clicks on save to Crf For this i searched in openclinica and found Rulesets ,We have to create Rules to apply conditions on required items ,To create rules using Item oids intead of item names to create rules with item oids it is making me very difficuly because iam uploading almost 20 crfs having same item names to create rules for all it is making very burden ,
    Thank you
  • madhavirsagemadhavirsage Posts: 6
    Yes could you please help me on this manoj
    On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Manoj Soni wrote:
    Hi
    OpenClinica generates different OIDs for same item name. And Rule is created using Item OID only not by item name.
    Hope this helps.
    Manoj
    Hi ,
    Thank you
  • Manoj SoniManoj Soni Posts: 163
    Hi
    What rule you want to set.
    Manoj
    On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Madhavi Managapati wrote:
    Hi
    Hope this helps.
    Manoj
    Hi ,
    Thank you
    I want to create a rule to check all the fields are filled or not ,ignoring readonly fileds in CRFs ,I want to set these rules on all crfs without using "required", could you please help me
    On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Manoj Soni wrote:
    Hi
    Manoj
    Hi
    Hope this helps.
    Manoj
    Hi ,
    Thank you
  • tdpurnattdpurnat Posts: 126
    Set the rule expression to true, if itemiod eq ""
    This will trigger the rule if field is left blank.
    Tina
    -----------
    Sent from my mobile. Writing short messages saves me keystrokes :-)
    On Jan 9, 2014 8:38 AM, "Madhavi Managapati" wrote:
    I want to create a rule to check all the fields are filled or not ,ignoring readonly fileds in CRFs ,I want to set these rules on all crfs without using "required", could you please help me
    Hi
    Manoj
    Hi
    Hope this helps.
    Manoj
    Hi ,
    Thank you
    yes this for to check item with given oid is blank or not but i also for redaonly fields it should not check for empty ,we are setting readonly for text and select dynamically .To check for every question we need oids and i have to find item oids for every crfs and have to add in rule asignment ,it is the major problem for me :( ,iam searching for the solution to make it easy could any one help on this guys
    with regards,
    Madhavi
    On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Tina D Purnat wrote:
    Tina
    -----------
    Hi
    Manoj
    Hi
    Hope this helps.
    Manoj
    Hi ,
    Thank you
    All the CRFS are having same item names but after uploading them it is giving different unique oids so to write rules for all the questions in crfs it is making me burden ,please give me a solution to write rules with item name instead of oids or any other solution to solve this
    On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Madhavi Managapati wrote:
    yes this for to check item with given oid is blank or not but i also for redaonly fields it should not check for empty ,we are setting readonly for text and select dynamically .To check for every question we need oids and i have to find item oids for every crfs and have to add in rule asignment ,it is the major problem for me :( ,iam searching for the solution to make it easy could any one help on this guys
    with regards,
    Madhavi
    On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Tina D Purnat wrote:
    Tina
    -----------
    Hi
    Manoj
    Hi
    Hope this helps.
    Manoj
    Hi ,
    Thank you
This discussion has been closed.