We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

No datafile created

gehretgehret Posts: 7
edited April 2014 in Extracting & Reporting
Dear Forum members,
    When I try to export no data file is created (nothing appears in the "archive list") and there is no e-mail with the data sent. E-mailing is working fine for other stuff. This problem occurred when changing to the new version of OC... Any advice? Thank you and best regards, Georg Ehret.
Post edited by bbaumann on
Tagged:

Comments

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    Hello Georg,
    What do your logs say? Any mention of insufficient rights to create a file?
    And if you want to send logs to the forum, could you please
    - stop tomcat
    - remove all logs
    - start tomcat
    - (try to) make an export
    - zip the logs
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I have seen this with Tomcat 7 and OC version 3.1.4.1. Try Tomcat 6.
  • gehretgehret Posts: 7
    via Email
    Thanks very much - this was extremely helpful.
    Best regards, Georg.
  • joseph_uamsjoseph_uams Posts: 21
    So what was the resolution? I'm having the same issue. After clicking "Run Now" nothing shows in archives. The datasets remain in the queue indefinitely "View Currently Executing Data Export Jobs" . No mention of insufficient rights in any of the log files.
    Using tomcat-6 and OC 3.1.2

regards
    joseph

Please follow Gerben's advice above to check the logs.
    via Email
    Hi Joseph -
    My issues went away after downgrading to Tomcat 6 (used 7 previously) and also an older version of postgres
    via Email
    Thank you - best regards, Georg.
    via Email
    Tomcat versions > 6 does not seem to work with older versions of OC and if you use PGSQL version 9.X with OC 3.2 you cannot import older PG databases. Comments from the developers would be welcome!

Regards

Krister
  • haenselhaensel Posts: 602 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    Hi Krister

I never tried to migrate OC 3.1.x data to a new OC 3.2 instance (with
    postgresql 9.x). Can you explain what goes wrong?

Regards,
    Christian
    via Email
    Hi Christian,

I have several PG databases created with the PG Admin "Backup" function in PGSQL a version 8.x. When I try to import such a "Backup" file of a PGSQL database into PGSQL 9.X with the PG Admin Restore function I get an error code 1. It works fine if I use the 8.4 version of PGSQL .with OC 3.2.

I seem to remember a comment from one of the OC developers last fall when he mentioned that he was using PGSQL 9.X with a slight modification of "something" I presume it must be that the internal data structure has changed as stated on the PG web site. This is most likely due to the change from the 32 bit structure to the 64 bit structure. There is a and PG_UPGRADE command available on the PostgreSQL web site but I have not had a chance to test it yet. It is a little more complicated than the upgrade between minor versions of PGSQL.

I will let you know how it works.

Best regards

Krister
This discussion has been closed.