We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Rule Designer Now Open Source

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Hi Tomas,

I have gotten most things to work including Tomact, The rules designer now shows up in the Tomcat manager. However when I try to start the designer from the BUILD STUDY page I get the error as per the attached file.

You think you can help!

REgards

Krister

• toskriptoskrip Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    Hi,

The error message basically says that tomcat cannot find any application named "designer-1.1".

I think that that it is a naming issue. From what I see you have configured OC to point to Designer on URL

it means that your designer has to really be deployed under the "designer-1.1" within tomcat. I think it is also case sensitive. Can you check it please?

Tomas

via Email
    Hi Tomas,

Good news! It worked. The problem was a case issue, I had spelled the directory name "Designer-1.1" with upper case instead of "designer-1.1"

Thanks again for all your rapid help. I f you don't mind I would suggest you publish the WINDOWS version as well. If you don't have the time let me know and I will do it.

Regards

Krister
    Great... regarding to a windows installation manual, as I do not have any running Windows environment and it would be wrong of me to publish a guide which I did not tested by myself :) feel free to post windows version by yourself. I am sure that people can find it useful.

best

Tomas

Here you will find the instructions to install Tomas compilation for the Rule Designer for Open Clinica in a Windows environment. Just download the attached PDF file.

Enjoy

Krister

Here you will find the instructions to install Tomas compilation for the Rule Designer for Open Clinica in a Windows environment. Just download the attached PDF file.

Enjoy

Krister

Here they are again!!
  • osayoubaosayouba Posts: 5
    Hi Tomas and Krister,
    Thanks a lot for your posts.
    I followed all and install the designer. it's work but I get a page with this text: "Welcome to the OpenClinica Designer. To use the Designer, please login to your OpenClinica Enterprise instance and access the Designer via the Build Study or Manage Rules modules. If you have not registered, please register here. If you need assistance please contact us."
    What is wrong in my installation?
    Please help me
    Regards
    This is OK. The page just informs you that you successfully installed the Designer. In order to use it you have to login to your OpenClinica instance (which you have previously configured to work with the designer). Go to "build study" module, there the 5. step "create rules" you have an icon on the right which will open the Designer directly from OpenClinica.

best

Tomas

Change line 110 in datainfo.properties to

sysURL=http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080/OpenClinica/MainMenu  

where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the URL of your server or "localhost"