We are currently working on the forum. For the short-term, all forum content will be in read-only format. We apologize for the interruption and look forward to collaborating with you shortly. All the best in your research!

Using OpenClinica with CaTissue

Are there any suggestions on easy ways for a scientific researcher to access both deidentified clinical information stored in OpenClinica with specimen availability in CaTissue? I was told that using I2B2 it would take our clinical IT person 3 months to extract the data, which sounds like a more expensive way to do things.

Comments

• sadigasadiga Posts: 17
    Hi Tamrind,

Which version of caTissue are you using?

Deploying and using i2b2 can be a mammoth task and is an overkill for this purpose.

Latest versions of caTissue (not OpenSpecimen) has direct integration between OpenSpecimen and OpenClinica. I will be happy to share further details with you.

Thanks,
    ~Sri
  • Tamarind_HamwoodTamarind_Hamwood Posts: 2
    via Email
    Hi Sri,
    Thanks for your response. We are currently using caTissue Plus v3.2. I would be very interested to learn more about how these could be integrated.

Kind regards,
    Tamarind.
  • sadigasadiga Posts: 17
    via Email
    Hi Tamarind,

We will be happy to setup a call, give you a demo and discuss our use
    cases. Also we are getting ready to release OpenSpecimen v1.0 (which is
    caTissue Plus v40). Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
    ~Sri

Srikanth Adiga, *founder* Krishagni Solutions Pvt. Ltd. e:
    [email protected] | t: +91
    9689885079 www.openspecimen.org *(caTissue Plus is now OpenSpecimen!)* *Follow
    OpenSpecimen on Twitter & LinkedIn

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Tamarind_Hamwood <
  • bbaumannbbaumann Posts: 105 admin
    Hi Sri,

Perhaps it would make sense to list OpenClinica-OpenSpecimen integration as an extension on ttps://community.openclinica.com/extensions? 

Cheers,
    - Ben
This discussion has been closed.