We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Subject ID Format and Dashes within Subject ID

Hi,
I work on a study that has dashes within the subject IDNO. The subject IDNOs have already been established and maintained for years.  The study staff are accustomed to this format. I am building a study in Open Clinica which is enrolling subjects who already have assigned IDNOs from the past so do not want to change the format of the subject IDNO unless absolutely necessary. 

I saw a past comment responding to one forum post which noted that it is not good to use dashes in the subject IDNO within Open Clinica because there could be sorting and filtering problems in older versions of OC. 

Is this still true in version 3.3?  If so, are there any other potential problems that I may run into if I include the dashes in the subject IDNO?  What are the specific filtering and sorting problems that I may encounter? 

Thank you,
LaShaunda

Comments

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 827 ✭✭✭
    Hi LaShaunda,
    All filtering and sorting problems with StudySubjectIDs have been solved (and also for SecondaryID).
    However, if you use a dash in the name of your CRF, anything following the dash will not be included in a filter/search.
    Gerben Rienk
  • llm19.case.edullm19.case.edu Posts: 31
    Hi Gerben,
    Thank you for the clarification.  This is very helpful. 

LaShaunda
This discussion has been closed.