We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Metadata ODM Import

Dear All!

Is there any way to import an ODM File containing all relevant metadata and clinicaldata in OpenClinica, without creating the study, items, subjects.. manually?

Kind Regards, Nina

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

What is the origin of the ODM file? I would rather use a PQSQL backup file from the original OC database to restore the database.

• nhnh Posts: 4
    The database is not yet in oc, I would like to have it there but without the effort to create everything manually. So if oc is able to export odm i thought maybe there is a way to import it as well.

I do not think so, but on the other hand I'm not a technical expert, just a Clinical Pharmacologist :) , but I would assume to import the ODM file it must have some place to put the data. I know that by using WEB services you can create visits and ad patients but as far as I know not create a whole study. Maybe Gerben or Christian can give you further guidance how to solve you problem!

Kind regards

Krister

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

Hi Nina,

I've done similar imports: from OC3042 with Oracle into OC33 with Postgresql. If you, or anyone else, are interested, I can upload the MsAccess-utility I used, but it is a tool that you must modify for each new project, I'm afraid. Then you still must manually

- create the Study

- create the Events

- upload the CRFs

From there on you can automate, provided you have web-services running.

Kind regards,

Gerben Rienk

Hi!
    Yes it would be nice to see your tool!

Kind regards, Nina
    Thanks a lot!

I have a rather unusual questions for you, I'm using your excellent MS ACCESS tool for data management and it works like a charm with OpenClinica, Now I got request to either import data directly into your tool or via the unneeded detour to first import data into OpenClinica and then into your tool via the standard export utilities. This seems very much overdoing it as I do not need any of the OC extensions for this job,. The data is stored in a regular ODM 1.3 file but no OC extensions. Is it possible to get the data into your tool without to many modifications in the too. The ultimate goal is to have the data in a “long and skinny” table, similar to your TblClinicalData from which I create all listings and queries?

In summary, is there a simple way to do this – importing a regular ODM 1,3 file into your MS ACCESS system?

Krister

Hi Krister,
    If you're referring to the tool that you can download from http://www.trialdatasolutions.com/tds/howto/datalisting.jsp : yes, you should be able to use that with any ODM1.3 file. But not all ODM1.3 were created equal! So if you run into trouble, mail me and I'll have a look.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
    via Email
    Hi Gerben,

I'm still waiting for the file. But as you said, all ODM 1.3 files are not alike so I I do not have too much hope. I will keep you posted if I run into trouble.
    The utility that you have created is an excellent help for data management and we use it a lot both at the Karolinska Hospital and the Akademic Hospital in Stockholm and Uppsala,

Best regards

Krister
This discussion has been closed.