We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Error when trying to edit scheduled export job: "UpdateJobExportServlet:594-java.lang.NullPointerExc

I am trying to edit a scheduled export job and am getting the "Oops an error has occurred" page. The log shows the following:

08/27 08:50:18 [OpenClinica] UUCP ERROR mvirtosu o.a.o.c.a.UpdateJobExportServlet:594 - java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.akaza.openclinica.control.admin.UpdateJobExportServlet.setUpServlet(UpdateJobExportServlet.java:86)
    at org.akaza.openclinica.control.admin.UpdateJobExportServlet.processRequest(UpdateJobExportServlet.java:134)

I looked in the code for UpdateJobExportServet at line 86 but could not figure out what the issue may be:

request.setAttribute(CreateJobExportServlet.JOB_NAME, trigger.getName());

The job does have a name that appears in the list of scheduled jobs.

Deleting the job does not work either. It says it was deleted, but the job still shows in the list. No errors in the log this time though.

This is for OC version 3.1.4. Has anyone seen this error? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• mvirtosumvirtosu Posts: 276 ✭✭
    I do apologize for posting duplicate threads on this subject, when trying to post it was telling me "service was unavailable" so I thought it did not go through, but apparently it did. Very sorry and moderator please remove the duplicate threads!
  • ccollinsccollins Posts: 383 admin
    via Email
    Mihai, no problem. We still have the posting issue come up sometimes and
    are working with the forums provider to fix it.

Regarding your problem, I think it is a known issue (OC-2759), and looks
    like you've been impacted by it before. Alicia will follow up about getting
    a fix done soon.

Best,
    Cal
  • liu09liu09 Posts: 51
    Hi

Just wonder if this has been fixed, it seems I have encountered similar issue. I am using version

Thanks

Bin
    sorry, post too soon, we are using version 3.5.
    Bin,

It has not been fixed, but some workarounds have been provided in a doc called Export_Jobs_Guide.doc on the Jira ticket: https://jira.openclinica.com/browse/OC-2759

Hope this helps,

Mihai
    Thanks Mihai, tried the link you gave, got an error saying:

CAS is Unavailable

There was an error trying to complete your request. Please notify your support desk or try again.

Bin
    Try again later. It is not my link, it is the official OpenClinica JIRA.

Mihai