We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Blank before each variable

jwilkenjwilken Posts: 4
edited October 2014 in Extracting & Reporting
Hello,

if I try to extract datasets, there is a blank before each variable as you can see here. It doesn't matter which format I choose. Also it's unfavorable that the excel-file begins at row 12. If I want to import it into Access, I have to delete row 1-12 manually, which isn't as big as a problem as the blanks.

I've done a clean install of the VM-version of OC. 

Greetings
Jannis W

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

Try http://www.trialdatasolutions.com/tds/howto/datalisting.jsp This is an excelnt way of getting the data into MS ACCESS!'

Regards

Krister

• jwilkenjwilken Posts: 4
    Thank you, it helped but isn't the solution. If you download the attached zip, you can see two Excel-files. Both at row 12 in column "M" you can see (BLANK)Interviewer and into the other file at column "C" you see (BLANK)SE_IVSCHEDULE_E1_1_C1(BLANK). Does anyone have an idea what causes this? 

Access doesn't allow import of variables starting with blanks.

Greetings
    Jannis W

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭
    Have you tried the CDISC ODM 1.3 XML full export? Do you see the same problem here? I remember a few years back I had the same problem but it was resolved doing the full ODM XML exports. I think the problem disappeared with version 3.2.
  • kksbkksb Posts: 10
    Hi Krister,

CDISC ODM is no option for us, thanks a lot. We need the EXCEL or CSV export.
    I think it is a bug in the OC excel/csv export routine.
    It's strange that in the first columns are no blanks before the variable names and in the further columns are blanks in the first place.
    I tried out your link to trialdatasolutions. The import into an ACCESS-DB works fine, but all subject data are written below each other in one column called ItemValue. In this case we have to write a special transformation program so that the CRF variables stand next to each other and not underneath each other.
    We want to have it different. Each variable of the CRF should be written in a separate column eg col1=StudySubjectOID, col2=StudyEventOID, col3=SUBJ_BIRTHDAY(ddmmtyyyy), col4:SUBJ_SEX(integer), col5:SUBJ_IC(integer) etc - see attached file.
    In this case we hope to import CRF data to ACCESS without problems.

Best regards,
    Joerg

This discussion has been closed.