We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Does rule work for sections?

Suppose I have few sections in this CRF, but in the first page of the CRF, I would ask if the patient has signed the consent form, if not, all other sections should be greyed (not edible), but I didn´t find a way to do it.

Only I can think is deleting all the sections, then get all the entries in one page, but it seems against the OC practice suggestion which is split the questions into small section ...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• toskriptoskrip Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    Hi,

cant you setup all data fields from the other sections in CRF definition to be initially hidden and than create a rule with show action which will enable them after inform consent signed is answered as yes?

Tomas
  • liu09liu09 Posts: 51
    I set up two rule files one for answer yes and one for no, they only worked for the question in the same section page, but not the entries in separate section pages.
  • When you speak of sections or section pages, do you refer to the sections that form part of an individual CRF (as defined in the section tab of an Excel sheet) or something else?

For these sections, the approach described by Tomas should work, we are employing this as well.
    Hi Guys, thanks for your reply.

The sections I was talking about are the sections form part of a CRF (they were defined in the section tab in the CRF excel file). They normally appear in OC as three tabs, you go into each one when you click the tab. I had these sections running fine.

I followed Tomas suggestion to hide all the entries in the excel CRF, then upload to OC, then create the rules to show then when Yes clicked, but what I have got is only the first page displayed, all the hidden fields in other sections are not there, not tabs either when I clicked the yes button.

I uploaded my CRF excel and the rule xml file here for your reference, will be really appreciated if you could shed a light in.

Thanks

Bin
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 827 ✭✭✭
    Hi Bin,
    You made you're "Confirm patient has signed consent form:" item of datatype ST, but in your expression you use I_DETEC_CONSENT_CONFIRM eq 1
    You can change the datatype to INT and leave the expression, or leave the datatype and change the expression to
    I_DETEC_CONSENT_CONFIRM eq "1"
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
    Hi Gerben,

I changed datatype to INT, but it didn´t work. All the fields are hidden.

I wonder if I have to specify the rule for the CRF? But I couldn´t find a way to link the crf with the rule, I assume they are linked through the rule definition.

Thanks

Bin
    edited December 2014
    Hi Bin,
    Did you also give the Item a new Item_Name and did you change the Rule-file accordingly? I ask, because you can not change the Data_type from ST to INT.
    Kind reagrds,
    Gerben Rienk
    Hi I have to say I didn´t have a correct rule in this occasion. I thought copy the data in the xml designer into the xml rule template will work. I did it, and OC didn´t complain any thing. Now I tried to create a proper rule with all the OIDs, now I stuck with this particular one the Study Group OID, how to create it? I saw some infor on this Forum by using the CRF header, I am afraid I don´t understand how it was done. Will appreciate if you can tell me how to get the Study Group ID.
    Hi Guys, I managed to find the study group ID now. But I have new problems, I have the registration CRF, and create an event associated with it, now I upload with the rule, but got error saying:  OCRERR_0033 : CRF is Invalid.  I simple don´t know what´s wrong with the CRF (apart from that majoritoy of them are hidden), help please!

Thanks

Bin

Hi Bin,
    or alternatively: choose in the RuleDesigner in the left column for "View by Event" and then drag-and-drop your target-item.
    Hope this helps,
    Gerben Rienk
This discussion has been closed.