We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Copy and paste in Excel template - can anyone advise please?

HullHull Posts: 4
Hi,
Please can anyone help.
We are making the transition from paper data collection to OpenClinica so I am VERY new to things, apologies if query is basic.

When designing Crfs in the excel template, if you have identical questions for multiple locations, can you copy + paste special the rows pertaining to one location, and modify the pasted ones to refer to the next location? I know you should NEVER insert columns and also to avoid cut + paste (I believe cut + paste special is permissable),

This would save quite a bit of time during Crf creation - I would be grateful if anyone could advise?
Many thanks in advance
Andy

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

Hi Andy,

Yes sure you can copy and paste. But make sure to copy entire lines and edit the line after copying. Never insert individual columns  That will mess up the template. Please also make sure that the empty lines on the spread sheet do not contain any invisible characters. Please use the "Delete" button in the top menu to erase anything "invisible".'

Regards

Krister

• HullHull Posts: 4
    Hi Krister,

Thank you very much for your prompt and helpful reply - it is much appreciated

Regards
    Andy
This discussion has been closed.