We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Finding a Item and it's section/group/crf within a Study via DAOs

ok.. So doing some experimentation with the OC code.. it's been quite a while since I have touched Java (6+ years) and even longer since I touched Java without SpringMVC/Hibernate.. so poking around is getting the best of me. :smile: I was hoping that I could find an item by name and then find it's group/section/crf.. basically walking backwards up the chain. I could hand craft the SQL and put it in there but I was hoping it might already be there or at least workable by chaining a couple of calls together.. And of course I want to limit it to the current study. (My CRFs would have unique named items so not worried about there being more than one in a study).. Anyway.. assuming this is possible with current code I was hoping for a pointer to where in the code I might find it. .(been searching and can't find it)

thanks!!
Gary
Tagged:

Answers

• mvirtosumvirtosu Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Gary,

You can achieve this with the study metadata XML file. Go to Tasks > View Study > Download the study metadata here. Then open the XML file in your favorite XML editor, search for the item OID, then go to its parent element and you'll find the item group OID (the one starting with IG_). Then search for that item group OID and you can retrieve its form OID (starting with F_).

Hope this helps,

Mihai
  • gpinkhamgpinkham Posts: 37
    I was looking for a way to do this within code inside OC.. I was trying to add a page that automatically generated some rules.. I have a better solution now anyway.. I was basing this on something we used to do with our current EDC.. but instead I'll change the process.. and by doing so I won't need to look up the info as asked above.. Thanks Mihai..
This discussion has been closed.