We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Various Images Not Displaying

mikehagquistmikehagquist Posts: 6
edited January 2016 in Installation & Setup
I'm having issues getting various images to display. I'm running OC 3.2 with Java 8 and Tomcat 8 on CentOS. I've tried the latest release of OC and am seeing the same issue. I would like to get version 3.2 working as we're not ready to move to OC 3.8, but need to move to Java 8.

I'm also seeing some browser console errors like "Cannot read property 'dispatchEvent' of null" and "element.dispatchEvent is not a function". I've noticed in my catalina.out log the following: "Invalid XML: Error on line 6: The element type "hr" must be terminated by the matching end-tag ""." I'm also seeing file size mismatches in Fiddler HTTP Debugger. Some of the gif actual file size is not matching what is being sent in the header. I believe this is what's causing the image to not be displayed, but I can't figure out why there would be a file size mismatch.

I've not made any modifications after deploying the war file. I've downloaded the zipped war file from the OpenClinica download page. I've re-downloaded to file to check for corruption, but I'm also not seeing a md5 either. I'm running a default Tomcat 8 installation without SSL.

See below for an example of the problem. Thank you in advance for any help you could give.

Tagged:

Comments

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Hi Mike,
    If you must use oc3.2, then I think you have no other option than to use tomcat6. Tomcat8 is not supported (yet), so tomcat7 is what's available. Go for oc3.8!
    As for the error message in the script console: that a prototype.js-thing and you'll see it in almost any page. It doesn't bite.
    Same for the wrong hr-tag and you'll see a missing spacer.gif on numerous places.
    I'm afraid I can't help you on the other missing images.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • mikehagquistmikehagquist Posts: 6
    Thank you so much for the reply. I thought this might be the issue so I've been testing OC 3.2 with Tomcat 7 and Java 8. Unfortunately we need to upgrade to Java 8 and, at least Tomcat 7, because of security vulnerabilities. I would like to go to OC 3.8, but I also have to consider database schema changes. We have a fairly complicated data warehouse and any schema changes have to go through a long ETL testing and development process. Thanks again and best wishes.
  • Nilesh2Nilesh2 Posts: 3
    Facing same problem, some images are not display.
    i am using
    [1] OC 3.12.1 (latest on as on 24-nov-2016)
    [2] Apache Tomcat/9.0.0.M13
    [3] Postgres 8.4.11
    [4] JAVA 8

Please any one have any idea, or only way to downgrade tomcat 9 to 7.

I had already downgrade postgres from 9.6 to 8.4.11.
  • Nilesh2Nilesh2 Posts: 3
    Nilesh2 said:

Facing same problem, some images are not display.
    i am using
    [1] OC 3.12.1 (latest on as on 24-nov-2016)
    [2] Apache Tomcat/9.0.0.M13
    [3] Postgres 8.4.11
    [4] JAVA 8

Please any one have any idea, or only way to downgrade tomcat 9 to 7.

I had already downgrade postgres from 9.6 to 8.4.11.

And
    [5] OS is Ubuntu server 16.04.1 (LTS -Xenial)
  • haenselhaensel Posts: 602 ✭✭✭
    Hi guys

Is this still an issue? If so you can start checking
    1. if the images are missing within the html source already
    2. if the images are within the html source but couldn't be delivered
    Regards,
    Christian
  • This was long ago for me and I've forgotten many of the details. Even though my previous post mentioned using Tomcat 7, I believe I was trying to run Tomcat 8 which ended up being the source of the problem. The version of OpenClinica that we're currently running explicitly supports Tomcat 7 and downgrading our server to Tomcat 7, I believe, is what fixed this issue for us.
  • haenselhaensel Posts: 602 ✭✭✭
    That sounds reasonable and seems to be the best option for a productive installation.

Regards,
    Christian
  • calvincheahcalvincheah Posts: 1
    Have the same problems with missing icons and images. Guess it is due to my using Tomcat 8 - glad I chanced upon this thread. Will try downgrading to Tomcat 7 and hope it resolves the issue :)