We are currently working on the forum. For the short-term, all forum content will be in read-only format. We apologize for the interruption and look forward to collaborating with you shortly. All the best in your research!

Discrepancy notes in the header don't appear in the Notes & Discrepancies list

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this before and could offer some help. We have a study where FVCs have been added to variables such as 'Start Date' that appear in the 'header' e.g. data entered when event is scheduled. These do not appear in the notes and discrepancies list so I have no way of finding them except to manually go through and check each subject's record. Additionally these notes can't be closed off when resolved e.g. the red flag doesn't turn black although the status in the note details does change to 'Status: Closed'.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to pull these discrepancies out?

This study is on Community V3.1.3.1

Thanks,
Emma

Comments

• ekenzekenz Posts: 18
    via Email
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this before and could offer some help. We have a study where FVCs have been added to variables such as 'Start Date' that appear in the 'header' e.g. data entered when event is scheduled. These do not appear in the notes and discrepancies list so I have no way of finding them except to manually go through and check each subject's record. Additionally these notes can't be closed off when resolved e.g. the red flag doesn't turn black although the status in the note details does change to 'Status: Closed'.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to pull these discrepancies out?

This study is on Community V3.1.3.1

Thanks,
    Emma

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096
  • agoodwinagoodwin Posts: 131 admin
    via Email
    Hello Emma,

Thanks for raising this question. I just retested this on OpenClinica 3.8
    and this is what I found:

*Event Start date discrepancy notes are available and can be managed from
    Notes & Discrepancy table and is working as expected*
    1. I created and saved a discrepancy note on Event Date (New, Query)
    2. I went to the Notes & Discrepancies table and searched for the query I
    had entered
    - The discrepancy note was found in the table and had the correct
    information
    3. I opened the discrepancy note and closed it (Closed, Query)
    4. I searched for the query I had closed
    - The query in the Notes & Discrepancy table displayed as closed with
    correct details

*On the view event page, the color of the flag is not updating correctly*
    Although the flag is closed, the color did not update from the View Event
    page (although it did update in the Notes & Discrepancy page).

Can you please confirm these are the steps you went through? If so, I would
    suggest upgrading to a newer version.

Best Regards,
    Alicia

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 6:25 AM, ekenz
    wrote:

> Hello,
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone has come across this before and could offer some
    > help. We have a study where FVCs have been added to variables such as
    > 'Start Date' that appear in the 'header' e.g. data entered when event is
    > scheduled. These do not appear in the notes and discrepancies list so I
    > have no way of finding them except to manually go through and check each
    > subject's record. Additionally these notes can't be closed off when
    > resolved e.g. the red flag doesn't turn black although the status in the
    > note details does change to 'Status: Closed'.
    >
    > Can anyone offer any advice on how to pull these discrepancies out?
    >
    > This study is on Community V3.1.3.1
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Emma
    >
    > The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096
    >
    > --
    > To manage your email notifications, please visit:
    > https://www.openclinica.com/forums#/profile/preferences
    >
    > Reply to this email directly or follow the link below to check it out:
    > http://openclinica.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/17791#Comment_17791
    >
    >
    via Email
    Hi Alicia,

Thank you for your reply. If I try and recreate the issues I described below on the test system for this system, I get the exact same outcome as you outlined below i.e. the discrepancy note appears in the notes and discrepancy table and upon closure will display as a black 'closed' flag in the notes and discrepancy table, but in the view event page it still appears as red. Also if I go to 'view within record' from the notes and discrepancy table it takes me to the record but instead of displaying the discrepancy note it displays the home page with the following message under 'Alerts & Messages: 'You cannot create a Discrepancy Note. Change you current Study or contact the administrator.'

However, this is not the behaviour I found on the live system. Here the discrepancy notes did not appear in the notes and discrepancy table which obviously made finding and tracking them a problem. Interestingly once we had manually identified them all by going into each record and closing them as appropriate, we saw that once closed they did appear in the notes and discrepancies table! I cannot recreate this on our test system.

What also appears to happen is that if a discrepancy note is added to the start date for visit 1 for example, discrepancies notes are added to all start dates for that participant. Was this also something that our observed Alicia?

Unfortunately we are in the final stages of data cleaning and the study is due to lock soon so upgrading isn't an option at this point.

Best wishes,
    Emma
    via Email
    I should add, I think that this automatic adding of discrepancies to all the start dates means that they don't appear in the notes and discrepancy table only the ones which were intentionally added appear. When you close them off they do appear.
    Thanks,
    Emma