We are currently working on the forum. For the short-term, all forum content will be in read-only format. We apologize for the interruption and look forward to collaborating with you shortly. All the best in your research!

OC cross field validation rules - howtorunduringdata entry

Hi Paul,

1) Rules are working now. I think some were not firing because I set to fire when “true” rather than “false” and vice versa.
2) I have got this rule working so no problem now.
3) ..
4) I have removed the group header and I can load the CRF.

Thank you so much for all your help. I am finally ready to go live with this study.

Kind regards,
pip
Sent: Saturday, 20 February 2010 6:10 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [Developers] FW: OC cross field validation rules - howtorunduringdata entry

Hi Pip,

1) When you run the rule from the Manage Rules page after you have entered data, does the subject show up in the Show Affected Subjects link? If not, then the rule is working and the data you are providing is not actually breaking the rule. Can you also verify that data is not being entered in the Administrative Editing phase?
a. When I uploaded your rules file into a sample study with your CRF, the rules executed on data entry when I entered a value that should have caused the Action to take place.
2) I can not recreate the issue of the text you are seeing in your Discrepancy Note. I originally thought you were saying the message would show up in the CRF when the validation failed, but I see you mean in the actual Detailed Note of the discrepancy note. Can you please send the configuration settings of your Oracle database?
3)
4) I believe it has to do with the text of your Group_Header. When I removed it, the CRF was uploaded with no problem. Try removing the parentheses, periods or commas. I was able to upload this CRF without doing anything to it in Postgres, but it seems Oracle has a problem with it.

Thanks,
Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul J. Galvin
Project Manager
Akaza Research
781-547-8425
OpenClinica Global Conference
March 22, 2010 - Bethesda, Maryland
For details and to register visit: www.openclinicaconference.org
www.akazaresearch.com
www.openclinica.org
~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 1:05 AM
Subject: RE: [Developers] FW: OC cross field validation rules - howtorunduring data entry

Dear Paul,

1) This problem relates to the HITS-i study. We are running 3.0 but I’m not sure that is the problem. When I enter data logged in as Data Manager (not site – see screen shot below) none of the rules fire on data entry. Attached is the CRF (BL1) and XML rule file.

2) This problem relates to HITS-I study. See screen shot below. You have the CRF (BL1) and XML file attached.

3) Thanks – that’s what I thought but wanted to check.

4) This problem related to ETHOS-TEST study. Attached is the CRF (FORM 1) which is the problem and we’re using 3.0. I have uploaded 3 other forms for this study which are all working correctly.

Thank you so much for looking into my problems. I look forward to hearing from you soon. In the mean time I shall get upgraded to 3.0.1.

Warm regards,
pip
Sent: Saturday, 13 February 2010 8:55 AM
Subject: RE: [Developers] FW: OC cross field validation rules - how torunduring data entry

Hi Pip,

1) Can you please provide more information on what is occurring? Can you run the rules in batch but not in data entry? Are these cross form or cross field edit checks? Did you get any error messages when you uploaded the Rules file.
a. The way rules are currently instituted in OpenClinica is to run in both data entry and batch form, you can not choose when they run. If the rule is working in batch, but not when the user is performing data entry, please send the rule along with the CRFs to the list.
b. Also, if you are using 3.0 and not 3.0.1, rules will not run for site level users during the data entry process.
2) Can you please clarify whether you received the message when you run the rule, or when you uploaded it?
3) To overwrite a rule you upload a new XML file and use the same RULEDEF OID
4) Please send all versions of the CRF you uploaded for this form as well as the one giving you the errors message. Also, what database are you using?

Thanks,
Paul
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul J. Galvin
Project Manager
Akaza Research
781-547-8425
OpenClinica Global Conference
March 22, 2010 - Bethesda, Maryland
For details and to register visit: www.openclinicaconference.org
www.akazaresearch.com
www.openclinica.org
~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 7:53 PM
Subject: [Developers] FW: OC cross field validation rules - how to runduring data entry

Hi,

I have a few problems/questions hopefully someone can help me with.

1) I have uploaded my XML file with the rules but they do not run during data entry. Can someone please help me to get this working.
2) I am trying to run a cross-field rule which requires one date to be at least 6 months prior to another date. i.e. (DATE_1_oid lte DATE_2_OID – 180). I have written and uploaded the rule but when I run it there is an error message that indicates I cannot use a minus sign here. I have tried using a plus sign and get the same problem.
3) How do you overwrite a rule if you wish to change it?
4) I tried uploading a CRF which worked but when I clicked on continue to save it I got a screen full of red error messages (see image below). Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,
pip

cid:[email protected]

Pip Marks
Clinical Trials Manager
Viral Hepatitis Clinical Research Program
National Centre in HIV Epidemiology and Clinical Research
12 Leichhardt Street
Darlinghurst NSW 2010
Ph: +61 2 9385 0886
Fax: +61 2 9385 0876
This discussion has been closed.