We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Blank page after a rule is triggered

RCHENURCHENU Posts: 207 ✭✭
Hey,

I built a simple rule with the designer (see attached) but when it's triggered after clicking save, I have a blank page instead of the CRF reloading with the warning (see attached) (and also task menu doesn't load very well)
The rule doesn't work on batch mode either (No subjects meet the criteria for the selected rule(s). Click 'Cancel' to go back.)

If the value is right, it saves fine or the CRF reloads if any other warnings on other items.

Do you understand what is going wrong ?

Thank you,

Romain.

Comments

• RCHENURCHENU Posts: 207 ✭✭
    And please find attached the log.

Romain.
    Hey,

Does anyone have a clue on what is happening ?
    I tried to upload a new version of the CRF and I tried different rules on the same item but it is still not working.

Any help is welcome !

Thank you,

Romain.
  • jguptajgupta Posts: 27
    Have you tried writing the complete path for the target item, CRF OID.GROUP OID .ITEM ID. sometimes that helps to remove the 404 error.
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Hi Romain,
    Good that you sent the log, which states an index out of bounds. Unfortunately without specifying the cause. In the past I've seen this happen and no "normal" approaches helped. In the category not-so-normal-but-worth-giving-it-a-try:
    - reindex your database
    - if that doesn't help, remove the faulty rule from your list of rules and then recreate it, but with a different ruleOID
    Hope this helps,
    Gerben Rienk
    Hey,

I tried what you said (put a complete path, reindexing, removing the rule) but nothing worked.

After reindexing, I uploaded a new version of the CRF by changing the name of the CRF to have a "brand" new one and then creating a new rule on my field but i still had the blank page. And now I have this behaviour also on other items of the CRF.

Also, now, when I try to create rules on other CRFs, other items, I have the generic error of OpenClinica and when I want to open a CRF or a event, for some of them I have a message saying that the CRF/Event doesn't belong to the study.

Finally, since reindexing, it's impossible to access the rules designer anymore...

I'm going to install from a back-up to fix all that (I hope). I don't know what you think, but it seems like reindexing went bad ! (I did: REINDEX DATABASE "openclinica";)

Gerben, the study will be soon in production. There is quite a lot of events (37) with many CRFs (about 10) in them. There are going to be a lot of rules as you can imagine. I really want to avoid all this kind of issues during production. And it seems like a small change can have big consequences.
    Do you think that I'm doing something wrong or that something is wrong with my setup (I followed the installation guidelines) ? With many events/crfs/rules, do I have to follow specific guidelines ?

Any advice is way more than welcome !

Thanks !

Romain.

Hi Romain,
    Good that you tried the different approaches. Very surprising that things got worse. It is definitely not the scale or the structure of your study: I've seen complex and big studies run smoothly.
    Could you perhaps, to get a better picture of your situation, stop tomcat, (re-)move all log files, start tomcat, open one of the faulty crf's, enter data with a blank screen as a result and then stop tomcat, zip the logs and upload them?
    If this doesn't give any more directions, other than IndexOutOfBounds, the next step would be to look in the postgresql-logs.
    But one step at a time.
    Many thanks,
    Gerben Rienk
    edited June 2016
    Thanks Gerben for your time and having a look.

It is still not working with my back-up. Please find attached the logs.

Regards,

Romain.
    (and I don't know if it's related or not but I can't access rules designer anymore, even though data.properties didn't change)
    Hi Romain,
    Thank you for sending the logs. On the one hand there seem to be the normal info's and errors. On the other hand we see an error on rules concerning SE_SCREENING[7].F_CONSENTDEMOG_2.IG_CONSE_SCREENING[7].I_CONSE_SCCONSENT. However this is not the IndexOutOfBounds, but a general NullPointerException. This could indicate that something went wrong in compiling the war. Could you try to stop tomcat, change to /usr/local/tomcat/work and there remove everything?
    rm -rf *
    (Just make sure you're in the correct folder.)
    Now remove the logs again and start tomcat again and try to get the blank crf. If you get it, please send the logs again: we never know what other clue(s) we've overlooked. The response of OpenClinica can be a bit slower, because tomcat's work-dir must be populaed again.
    If all this fails, we must have a closer look at the postgresql-logs.
    Kind regard,
    Gerben Rienk
    Hi Gerben,

Thank you for your answer, I did what you ask but I still have the problem.
    Please, find attached the new logs.

Thanks again for your precious time,

Regards,

Romain.

Hi Romain,
    Thanks for trying. I'm sorry it didn't work. As the latest logs also did not reveal the cause of the error, let's have a look at postgres. Could you go to /opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/pg_log and zip the relevant log, which is probably called postgresql-2016-06-07_000000.log ?
    Thank you,
    Gerben Rienk