We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

CRF view after upload is different to preview (Left_Item_Text)

Hi all,

I have to design a screening crf. We use OpenClinica 3.11 community version.
Thus the left_item_text gets more space I inserted this code in sections/instructions:
.text_block{width:450px;text-align:left;}.
Many thanks to TrialDataSolutions for this code.
In the preview of the CRF, the left_item_text width is shown very well but after the upload of the CRF the style will be ignored.

Does anyone have an idea to fix it?

Best regards
Jörg

Comments

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Hi Jörg,
    Would you mind uploading the CRF? When I try the example on oc311 it works as expected.
    Many thanks,
    Gerben Rienk
  • Michelle_DMichelle_D Posts: 107
    via Email
    I have discovered that the layout changes in different browsers!
    In Chrome or IE the layout can look different than it is in Firefox.
    Try a different browser and see if the layout is ok.

Michelle Danieli
    Data Manager & Accounts
    A.Stein-Regulatory Affairs Consulting Ltd.

E-mail: [email protected]
    Tel: +972-9-7670002
    Fax: +972-9-7668534
    A. Stein -Regulatory Affairs Consulting Ltd.
    20 HaTa'as St. (P.O.B. 124)
    Beit Hapa'amon Bldg (Suite 102)
    Kfar Saba 4442520
    ISRAEL
  • kksbkksb Posts: 13
    @Michelle: Yes, that's on my mind. I tested the layout with Firefox 47.0.1, Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome 51.0.2704.106.
    On my screen the layout is the same in all browsers.

@Gerben: In your example, the style code has to be written only to SECTIONS/INSTRUCTIONS? Or do I have write it in an additional column?
    Please have a look on my uploaded CRF.

Many thanks,
    Jörg
    Hi,

Concerning the ITEMS columns on the excel sheet I have tested different positions of stylecode.
    For the LEFT_ITEM_TEXT in preview INSPECT ELEMENT says: class="text_block" and after upload it changes to: class="aka_text_block".
    What the h... is going on?
    In my first example I used the class="text_block". If I use class="aka_text_block" the preview looks not good but the upload is ok.

Best regards
    Jörg
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    Hi Jörg,
    Yes, that is as expected. The upload is for checking if your xls is syntactically OK. Then after you've confirmed, the details of the CRF are written to the backend. There are other subtle changes in the use of css-classes. In fact the same applies to the CRF in preview mode and in DataEntry mode.
    So bottomline: ingore text_block and stick to aka_text_block.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
    edited July 2016
    Hi Gerben,
    Thanks for the explanation of the relationship between preview and uploading.
    For my understanding: this also means that the CRF can properly only be tested after upload.
    If there is no event associated with the CRF, that's no problem. The CRF can be overwritten. If there is an event associated, I have to upload a new CRF version or I must delete the event.
    Edit: I tested deleting event. There is no chance because the event needs a CRF. This probably means that the CRF must be tested extensively before it is associated with an event.
    Best regards,
    Jörg