We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Hidden groups not actually hiding

I am currently working on a CRF in which I have a large amount of NON-REPEATING groups, each containing 30-60 items, that I need to hide. However, even though GROUP_DISPLAY_STATUS is set to HIDE, all items are visible after uploading.

As a result, my rules have no effect. Enclosed I have added a CRF template with 1 group, aswell as the rule XML I intend to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• JmcvwJmcvw Posts: 3
    Update: I have tried changing all groups to GRID. This works and hides every item in the group, until my rule comes into effect.

HOWEVER, I have zero influence on the looks/layout of grids. This means that all items are displayed horizontally, which goes well beyond the limits of most computer screens.

Does anyone have a way to solve my original problem without resorting to grids?
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    Hey,

I think I had the same issue, could not find any reasonable workaround. However my groups have been very small (2-5 items). What I did at the end was that I have applied to rule not to the group but for each item in a group. The rule gets longer but it was working than.

Tomas
  • JmcvwJmcvw Posts: 3
    Thank you for your advice. In the end I decided on a different plan.

I divided the CRF into 8 sections, each containing 3 non-repeating groups. I formatted the groups by using columns, so that the layout was decent.

Then, to hide them, I simply used 1 trigger item for a simple conditional display and set ALL other items (per group) to HIDE.
    It's a crude solution and doesn't allow for hierarchy in the simple conditional display, but the CRF is simply too large with too many groups to use XML rules.

If anyone encounters this thread at a later time, please feel free to pm me for an example of my solution.