31 Dec 2018: Thank you to our knowledgeable and friendly forums users for another great year. We are aware of the uptick in spam accounts and are doing our best to ban these at first sight. Thank you for your patience!

Import data by web-service

Hi,

I'm trying to import data using web-service.
It's working well when the event exists and data are imported well.

When the event is still not scheduled, data are not imported and I don't have any message error but instead I have a "success" result.

Do you know why ? And do you know what to do to have a "Fail" result or an "error" result instead of a "success" ?

Thank you,

Romain.

Comments

• Hi Romain,

What client/method are you using to import data?

Regards,
    Csaba
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 795 ✭✭✭
    Hi Romain,
    It could be that your client-program reports a "success" when it refers to the sending of the SOAP-request. It just means that your request was delivered correctly. However this is different from the result of the processing of your request. The webservice informs you in the Response about the result of the processing. Any information about missing StudySubjects and/or Events and/or FailedValidations is in the Result-part of your Response.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • RCHENURCHENU Posts: 203
    edited September 2017
    Thank you for your answer Gerben,

I attached the result obtained when I try to import data and event is not scheduled yet. The response is a "success" even though data are not imported. Are we talking about the same result ?

Thank you,

Romain.
    Hi Romain,
    Thank you for sending the file. Yes, this is definitely the kind of result I was talking about. It's a bit hard to further diagnose your situation without access to your OC and the actual Request you sent. But I must say I'm surprised, because I import quite a lot data and never saw the situation where the Result was "Success" and the data were not imported. Any more clues?
    Gerben Rienk
    I don't know what might help you either.
    For sure data are imported in my CRF when the Baseline visit is scheduled and are not imported in my CRF when the Baseline visit is not scheduled. But for both cases, the request returns a "success".
    When I play with the request (subject that doesn't exit, wrong OID...), I have a fail result.
    I attached the request file, maybe you can see something ?

Thanks again,

Romain.

Hi Romain,
    Thanks for pointing this out: to my great surprise I was able to reproduce this bug. I created a ticket for it:
    https://jira.openclinica.com/browse/OC-8351
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
    Thank you Gerben.
    I hope it will be corrected soon !

Thanks,

Romain.
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Great Gerben, what would we do without you!!