Please join your peers on either March 26 (8pm GMT) or March 28 (8am GMT) to watch as user extraordinaire and forum legend @"lindsay.stevens" demonstrates OpenClinica Insight.

See preview and register at https://openclinica.com/insight-webinar

Insight makes it easy to ask questions of ALL of your clinical and operational data and visualize answers via interactive reports and dashboards. The idea is simple, but the results are powerful: ask your questions, choose your visualizations, then return often for updated, interactive results that link you to all of the underlying data.

Rule is not hiding items

I want to show and hide some fields based on birth dates, and I have the following rule:

<RuleImport>
	<RuleAssignment>
		<Target Context="OC_RULES_V1">SE_REGISTRO[ALL].F_LCERASPORPRE.IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_FECHANACIMIENTO</Target>
		<RuleRef OID="REGLA_MOSTRAR_BRADEN">
			<ShowAction IfExpressionEvaluates="true">
				<Run AdministrativeDataEntry="true" InitialDataEntry="true" DoubleDataEntry="true" ImportDataEntry="false" Batch="false" />
                <Message>Mostrando Braden</Message>
				<DestinationProperty OID="IG_LCERA_BRADEN"/>
				<DestinationProperty OID="IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_EJEMPLO"/>
				<DestinationProperty OID="IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_PERCUSIONTISULARNEO "/>
			</ShowAction>	

<HideAction IfExpressionEvaluates="false">
				<Run AdministrativeDataEntry="true" InitialDataEntry="true" DoubleDataEntry="true" ImportDataEntry="false" Batch="false" />
                <Message>Ocultando Braden</Message>
				<DestinationProperty OID="IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_EJEMPLO"/>
				<DestinationProperty OID="IG_LCERA_BRADEN"/>
				<DestinationProperty OID="IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_PERCUSIONTISULARNEO "/>
			</HideAction>
		</RuleRef>
	</RuleAssignment>

<RuleDef OID="REGLA_MOSTRAR_BRADEN" Name="REGLA MOSTRAR BRADEN">
		<Description>Mostrar braden si la fecha de nacimiento es mas de 5 años</Description>
		<Expression>IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_FECHANACIMIENTO eq ""</Expression>
	</RuleDef>
</RuleImport>
where
  • IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_FECHANACIMIENTO is a mandatory date field in the first section of a CRF.
  • IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_EJEMPLO is a text field in the first section of the same CRF.
  • IG_LCERA_BRADEN is a group that shows in the third section of the same CRF.
  • IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_PERCUSIONTISULARNEO is a field in the third section of the same CRF.
Now, I expect that when I set a value in IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_FECHANACIMIENTO, when I go to the third section then the fields and the group would be hidden, yet they are shown without any issue. Also, no message is shown related to the I_LCERA_FECHANACIMIENTO. Even if I complete the CRF and open it again, all of the fields are shown.

The rules are imported without warning, and if I test them in OpenClinica they seem to work okay.

What I could be missing?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• haenselhaensel Posts: 570 ✭✭
    Hi

I'm not aware if it is still an issue. In older OC versions the SHOW/HIDE for groups was not working probably. It was possible to show a hidden group but not to hide a shown group.

If you test your rule does the show/hide work for all three elements (I_LCERA_EJEMPLO, I_LCERA_PERCUSIONTISULARNEO and IG_LCERA_BRADEN)?

It might be worth a try to set the group to HIDE by default and check if at least the ShowAction works.

good luck,
    Christian