Rule is not hiding items

I want to show and hide some fields based on birth dates, and I have the following rule:

<RuleImport>
	<RuleAssignment>
		<Target Context="OC_RULES_V1">SE_REGISTRO[ALL].F_LCERASPORPRE.IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_FECHANACIMIENTO</Target>
		<RuleRef OID="REGLA_MOSTRAR_BRADEN">
			<ShowAction IfExpressionEvaluates="true">
				<Run AdministrativeDataEntry="true" InitialDataEntry="true" DoubleDataEntry="true" ImportDataEntry="false" Batch="false" />
                <Message>Mostrando Braden</Message>
				<DestinationProperty OID="IG_LCERA_BRADEN"/>
				<DestinationProperty OID="IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_EJEMPLO"/>
				<DestinationProperty OID="IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_PERCUSIONTISULARNEO "/>
			</ShowAction>	

<HideAction IfExpressionEvaluates="false">
				<Run AdministrativeDataEntry="true" InitialDataEntry="true" DoubleDataEntry="true" ImportDataEntry="false" Batch="false" />
                <Message>Ocultando Braden</Message>
				<DestinationProperty OID="IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_EJEMPLO"/>
				<DestinationProperty OID="IG_LCERA_BRADEN"/>
				<DestinationProperty OID="IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_PERCUSIONTISULARNEO "/>
			</HideAction>
		</RuleRef>
	</RuleAssignment>

<RuleDef OID="REGLA_MOSTRAR_BRADEN" Name="REGLA MOSTRAR BRADEN">
		<Description>Mostrar braden si la fecha de nacimiento es mas de 5 años</Description>
		<Expression>IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_FECHANACIMIENTO eq ""</Expression>
	</RuleDef>
</RuleImport>
where
  • IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_FECHANACIMIENTO is a mandatory date field in the first section of a CRF.
  • IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_EJEMPLO is a text field in the first section of the same CRF.
  • IG_LCERA_BRADEN is a group that shows in the third section of the same CRF.
  • IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_PERCUSIONTISULARNEO is a field in the third section of the same CRF.
Now, I expect that when I set a value in IG_LCERA_UNGROUPED.I_LCERA_FECHANACIMIENTO, when I go to the third section then the fields and the group would be hidden, yet they are shown without any issue. Also, no message is shown related to the I_LCERA_FECHANACIMIENTO. Even if I complete the CRF and open it again, all of the fields are shown.

The rules are imported without warning, and if I test them in OpenClinica they seem to work okay.

What I could be missing?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• haenselhaensel Posts: 577 ✭✭
    Hi

I'm not aware if it is still an issue. In older OC versions the SHOW/HIDE for groups was not working probably. It was possible to show a hidden group but not to hide a shown group.

If you test your rule does the show/hide work for all three elements (I_LCERA_EJEMPLO, I_LCERA_PERCUSIONTISULARNEO and IG_LCERA_BRADEN)?

It might be worth a try to set the group to HIDE by default and check if at least the ShowAction works.

good luck,
    Christian