31 Dec 2018: Thank you to our knowledgeable and friendly forums users for another great year. We are aware of the uptick in spam accounts and are doing our best to ban these at first sight. Thank you for your patience!

Adverse event CRF, conditional single-selects

hi everybody,

i'm struggeling with an OC (V3.10) issue which is partly OC- and partly design-related.
the CRF i'm working on is an adverse event form which most folks here are probably have heard of.

there's a field SOC, a single-select with multiple categories.
For each of those SOC-category, there is another single-select Code and type of AE.

I tried to set it up like this, based on past work with another custom build eCRF engine:
- if a SOC category has been selected, a ShowRule will make the corresponding "Code and type of AE" field appear

Doesn't really work, as shown here:

Now i was wondering if anyone here has suggestions how to solve this in OC?

It would be possible to have only 1 "Code and type of AE" field and let Javascript set the correct options for each selected SOC category, but this would be ultima ratio.

Kind regards,
Bernhard

Comments

• haenselhaensel Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

It would be possible to have only 1 "Code and type of AE" field and let Javascript set the correct options for each selected SOC category, but this would be ultima ratio.

Hi Bernhard

There is no way to achieve this requirement in item groups with the build in features.

So I hope you where successful implementing this feature in JS yourself.

Regards,
    Christian