We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Query Resolution on "Data Entry Complete" and on "Initial Data Entry" crfs

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to understand how query resolution works in practice.
In particular I'm in a situation in which the study is FROZEN and the Data Manager is querying site Data Entry Persons on certain items.
If the items belong to a crf marked as Complete, then when the Data Entry Person accesses the query issued by the DM through the "View within record" button, s/he will visualize the crf and will be able to edit the interested records on the spot as well as alter the Discrepancy Note status at "Resolution Proposed". And that's the fine part.
If the items belong to a crf NOT yet completed but in a "Initial Data Entry" status, then when the Data Entry Person accesses the query issued by the DM through the "View within record" button, s/he will only be able to access them in View mode and will not be able to edit them on the spot. The only available function is the interaction through the Discrepancy Note pop-up, but no editing. This means that the Data Entry Person will be editing the record/s by accessing the crf not through the Notes and Discrepancies module, but otherwise.
This behaviour is identical when the study is AVAILABLE.
Has anyone experienced the same behaviour? If so, does anyone have an explanation? I would assume that whether a crf is either completed or not the Data Entry Person (or anyone else), once subject to query, would be able to access the item needing to be checked through "View within record" and edit it on the spot. Am I missing something out?
I hope I was clear enough.
PS: I forgot to mention I'm working on OpenClinica 3.14

Answers

• haenselhaensel Posts: 602 ✭✭✭
    Hi ...

This is a know bug of OC. There is nothing you can do about it beside to try to fix it yourself or to find someone doing it for you.

Sorry about the bad news.

Regards,
    Christian