We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Data lost

Dear
I have a challenge, I have over 1000 participants in a study, uptill Monday all was in, however now some records data is not in OC, yet in the back end its there.
could some one have a solution
Tagged:

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭
    What do you mean with "yet in the back end its there."... What is the backend you are refering to?

Regards

Krister
  • AyoubAyoub Posts: 5
    in postgresql back ups, I have daily back ups, when I look into the dumps for Monday and before the records are in, however after Monday these specific records can't be seen
    Then you can easily restore the data from the backup. Are you sure the missing records have not been deleted by someone? Data dissappearing from OpenClinica cannot just happen. Nut you should be able to se what has happened in the audit file.

Regards

Krister
    Sorry last sentence should read " if not you should,,,,,"
    Thanks, am still trying to look at the audit, however restoring is bit tricky, can ~I restore individual records and not full dumb
    Haven't you used the standard pg_dump for the backup. Pg-dump backs up everything and restores the entire database.
    Thanks Kristiak, yes I have the entire dump, my challenge is between Monday and today more data entry has been ongoing, if I imported the sunday Dump am afraid it might override the week's entires, is there a way of syncing and not importing to over ride all data
    I'm sure there is but it nothing that I have ever done or needed. It is stramge how it could appear! There are some real gurus in this group and I really hope that they can help you, e.g. Gerben Rienk in the Netherlands at this site, [email protected] may be he can help you. or else you will have to rekey the missing data,

Best regards

Krister
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 827 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ayoub,
    Like Krister said: it is highly unusual for data to suddenly disappear. In these very rare cases it may help to reindex your database and to empty the work-folder of your tomcat. Could you try to do that? Many thanks,
    Gerben Rienk
    Thanks Rienk,
    - from the logs is there a way fo telling who could have deleted the records
    - whats the best of synching back ups with the current data so that I don't loose the weeks data if I imported the previous dumbs
    Regards