We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Multiple sites for a study

Hi,

I am exploring OC 3.14 community edition. I have a question ... if a study is conducted in multiple sites, where do we associate the sites to be under a study and how do we associate subjects under a site? I logged in with root user but unable to find solution clearly. I even tried to add a second site but it is saying the Protocol is already used (as I used in Site1).
In other EDCs I worked, I always created Subjects under a specific site.

Thanks,
Ravi.

Comments

• kkristiansonkkristianson Posts: 15
    Hi,
    You create the main study under BUILD STUDY "Create Study" and then you ad the different sites further down on the same page by "Creating Sites"

Best regards

Krister
  • RaviVRaviV Posts: 26
    Hi Krister,

Thanks for quick response. Actually, I tried that, but when I am creating another site, it is saying "A Study with this Unique Protocol ID already exists in the database. Please choose another Unique Protocol ID.". I wanted to use the same protocol for the study, so all sites will have the same protocol. Am I missing something?
    Also, for the single site I have, how do I associate subjects to that site?

Thanks,
    Ravi.
  • Michelle_DMichelle_D Posts: 105
    Hi Ravi,
    The way I get around this is, at the end of the protocol number I add for example a site code. Let's say I have a site in New York, I enter the protocol and add -NY at the end. This is the way i found helps me.

Michelle
    Thanks Michelle. But changing Protocol ! Is that a real case?
    That is the correct wasy of doing it.

Regards

Krister
    Ok, thanks Krister. I have added few sites, how do I associate Subjects to a site under a study?
    Each site will have a different SIte ID that you will see if you list the OID aas you will find them under TASKS Studies (under administration) Here you will find all the details!

Best regards

Krister
    Hi Krister,

Actually, I navigated to Tasks -> Administration : Studies, but it is only a list, still I didn't find a way I can associate subjects to a site !
    In the other EDCs I worked, I always used to create a subject in the context of a Site only. But OpenClinica looks different ! Could you please help me how to associate a subject to a site.

Thanks,
    Ravi.

Okay, I should be doing Change Study/Site, then select a Site under the Study and then add subjects !!! Else, if I am at study level the subjects are Study level. So, now I should find out if there is an option to transfer subjects from Study level to Site level and from one site to other site ! If anyone is aware of that please let me know, that helps.

Thanks,
    Ravi.
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 830 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ravi,
    Re-assigning subjects is done in the subject-matrix, using the icon that is at the right of the row of a subject, next to view and remove.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk