We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

tip wanted

I'm testing open clinica and now is time to go to a production environment. I'd' like to know about yours recomendations respect to setting up this environment. I'm thinking about to set up a three level openclinica environment, development, testing and production but i'm not sure about to set up all in one virtual center, in two (keepin apart production from test and devel) or in three. And what about the hard requirements? Our first project is a 2 sites and 4 users projects.
Thanks in advance
¿Necesita imprimir este mensaje? Protejamos el medio ambiente.
Li cal imprimir aquest missatge? Protegim el medi ambient.
Do you need to print this message? Let's protect the environment.
Este mensaje, y en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, puede contener información confidencial, siendo para uso exclusivo del destinatario, quedando prohibida su divulgación, copia o distribución a terceros sin la autorización expresa del remitente. Si Vd. ha recibido este mensaje erróneamente, se ruega lo notifique al remitente y proceda a su borrado. Gracias por su colaboración.
This message and its annexed files may contain confidential information which is exclusively for the use of the addressee. It is strictly forbidden to distribute copies to third parties without the explicit permission of the sender. If you receive this message by mistake, please notify it to the sender and make sure to delete it. Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Comments

• I'm testing open clinica and now is time to go to a production environment. I'd' like to know about yours recomendations respect to setting up this environment. I'm thinking about to set up a three level openclinica environment, development, testing and production but i'm not sure about to set up all in one virtual center, in two (keepin apart production from test and devel) or in three. And what about the hard requirements? Our first project is a 2 sites and 4 users projects.
    Thanks in advance
    Este mensaje, y en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, puede contener información confidencial, siendo para uso exclusivo del destinatario, quedando prohibida su divulgación, copia o distribución a terceros sin la autorización expresa del remitente. Si Vd. ha recibido este mensaje erróneamente, se ruega lo notifique al remitente y proceda a su borrado. Gracias por su colaboración.
    This message and its annexed files may contain confidential information which is exclusively for the use of the addressee. It is strictly forbidden to distribute copies to third parties without the explicit permission of the sender. If you receive this message by mistake, please notify it to the sender and make sure to delete it. Thank you for your kind cooperation.
  • Dear Carles,
    (as a side-note it appears that the Email forum archive and mailman archives aren't archiving all mails. I tried to find the email below in the Email forum archive, but it doesn't seem to be there: https://community.openclinica.com/forums/users-email-forum , it doesn't come up on the search:
    https://community.openclinica.com/search/apachesolr_multisitesearch/Chadnrakant
    nor is it in mailman: https://mailman.openclinica.com/pipermail/developers/2011-November/thread.html#start)
    If by 'hard' requirements you mean hardware requirements, here's what Akaza's sysadmin, Shaun Martin () had to say on the Wed 23/11/2011 15:16:

Hi Chadnrakant,
    It really depends on how many users and how much data you are going to be using. The following is what I consider a pretty nice setup to run OpenClinica on.
    Linux 64-bit OS
    Java 6.x 64-Bit
    Tomcat 6.x
    Postgres 8.4.x 64-bit (note: no 64bit version for windows available from postgres)
    2.0Ghz or greater Quad Core Xeon
    4Gb of Memory
    4x HD ( 2 RAID-1 arrays, one mounted on "/opt" for the database, the other as "/")
    The speed of your disks will directly affect DB performance as DB's are I/O intensive. I like 15RPM SAS drives.
    Thanks,
    Shaun

There's setup advice in the User Manual wikibook, including 'Optimising PostgreSQL' and 'setting up a reverse proxy to enhance performance':
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual
    (I was looking for the archived email so I could refer to it from the wikibook)
    Yours,
    Michael
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: 29 November 2011 16:21
    To: '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'
    Subject: [Developers] tip wanted
    I'm testing open clinica and now is time to go to a production environment. I'd' like to know about yours recomendations respect to setting up this environment. I'm thinking about to set up a three level openclinica environment, development, testing and production but i'm not sure about to set up all in one virtual center, in two (keepin apart production from test and devel) or in three. And what about the hard requirements? Our first project is a 2 sites and 4 users projects.
    Thanks in advance
  • Dear Carles,
    (as a side-note it appears that the Email forum archive and mailman archives aren't archiving all mails. I tried to find the email below in the Email forum archive, but it doesn't seem to be there: https://community.openclinica.com/forums/users-email-forum , it doesn't come up on the search:
    https://community.openclinica.com/search/apachesolr_multisitesearch/Chadnrakant
    nor is it in mailman: https://mailman.openclinica.com/pipermail/developers/2011-November/thread.html#start)
    If by 'hard' requirements you mean hardware requirements, here's what Akaza's sysadmin, Shaun Martin () had to say on the Wed 23/11/2011 15:16:

Hi Chadnrakant,
    It really depends on how many users and how much data you are going to be using. The following is what I consider a pretty nice setup to run OpenClinica on.
    Linux 64-bit OS
    Java 6.x 64-Bit
    Tomcat 6.x
    Postgres 8.4.x 64-bit (note: no 64bit version for windows available from postgres)
    2.0Ghz or greater Quad Core Xeon
    4Gb of Memory
    4x HD ( 2 RAID-1 arrays, one mounted on "/opt" for the database, the other as "/")
    The speed of your disks will directly affect DB performance as DB's are I/O intensive. I like 15RPM SAS drives.
    Thanks,
    Shaun

There's setup advice in the User Manual wikibook, including 'Optimising PostgreSQL' and 'setting up a reverse proxy to enhance performance':
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual
    (I was looking for the archived email so I could refer to it from the wikibook)
    Yours,
    Michael
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: 29 November 2011 16:21
    To: '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'
    Subject: [Developers] tip wanted
    Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.