We are currently working on the forum. For the short-term, all forum content will be in read-only format. We apologize for the interruption and look forward to collaborating with you shortly. All the best in your research!

Cannot view Discrepancy Notes: NumberFormatException

Hi,
When I click View button on the Notes & Discrepancies, I get an "Oops!" error message in the popup window.
I checked the log, and it seems like OpenClinica fails to perform the task due to a NumberFormatException when trying to get an integer out of the value "false":
09/17 16:00:26 [OpenClinica] AUTHPRIV INFO root o.a.o.dao.admin.AuditDAO:226 - Executing dynamic query, EntityDAO.select:query SELECT ale.audit_id, ale.audit_date, ale.audit_table, ale.user_id, ale.entity_id,
ale.entity_name, ale.reason_for_change, ale.audit_log_event_type_id, ale.old_value,
ale.new_value, ale.event_crf_id, ua.user_name, alet.name
FROM audit_log_event ale JOIN user_account ua ON ale.user_id=ua.user_id
JOIN audit_log_event_type alet ON ale.audit_log_event_type_id=alet.audit_log_event_type_id
WHERE ale.entity_id = ? and ale.audit_table = ?
09/17 16:00:26 [OpenClinica] USER ERROR root o.a.o.c.s.ViewDiscrepancyNoteServlet:578 - java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "false"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:492)
at java.lang.Integer.(Integer.java:677)
at org.akaza.openclinica.dao.admin.AuditDAO.findItemAuditEvents(AuditDAO.java:397)
at org.akaza.openclinica.control.submit.ViewDiscrepancyNoteServlet.processRequest(ViewDiscrepancyNoteServlet.java:679)
[...]
I include the log file beginning at a server restart up to the click to the View button. It this a know bug? It's pretty important I find a solution to this, as the problem exists on a production server! I do not know if the problem has suddenly arisen or has been there always, as the installation is pretty new and this is the first use of the monitoring role.
Best regards,
Janus
Attachments:
openclinica.2012-09-17.zip 6.6 KB

Comments

• JanusJanus Posts: 260
    Hi,
    When I click View button on the Notes & Discrepancies, I get an "Oops!" error message in the popup window.
    I checked the log, and it seems like OpenClinica fails to perform the task due to a NumberFormatException when trying to get an integer out of the value "false":
    09/17 16:00:26 [OpenClinica] AUTHPRIV INFO root o.a.o.dao.admin.AuditDAO:226 - Executing dynamic query, EntityDAO.select:query SELECT ale.audit_id, ale.audit_date, ale.audit_table, ale.user_id, ale.entity_id,
    ale.entity_name, ale.reason_for_change, ale.audit_log_event_type_id, ale.old_value,
    JOIN audit_log_event_type alet ON ale.audit_log_event_type_id=alet.audit_log_event_type_id
    09/17 16:00:26 [OpenClinica] USER ERROR root o.a.o.c.s.ViewDiscrepancyNoteServlet:578 - java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "false"
    at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65)
    at org.akaza.openclinica.dao.admin.AuditDAO.findItemAuditEvents(AuditDAO.java:397)
    at org.akaza.openclinica.control.submit.ViewDiscrepancyNoteServlet.processRequest(ViewDiscrepancyNoteServlet.java:679)
    [...]
    I include the log file beginning at a server restart up to the click to the View button. It this a know bug? It's pretty important I find a solution to this, as the problem exists on a production server! I do not know if the problem has suddenly arisen or has been there always, as the installation is pretty new and this is the first use of the monitoring role.
    Best regards,
    Janus
    Attachments:
    openclinica.2012-09-17.zip 6.6 KB
  • Dear Janus,

Does it seem related to:
    https://issuetracker.openclinica.com/view.php?id=14152
    (found via search for NumberFormatException)? If so, you could add that you are also suffering from it.

Yours,

Michael
    Sent: 17 September 2012 15:14
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject: [Developers] Cannot view Discrepancy Notes: NumberFormatException

Hi,
    [...]
    Best regards,
    Janus
    The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096
This discussion has been closed.