We are currently working on the forum. For the short-term, all forum content will be in read-only format. We apologize for the interruption and look forward to collaborating with you shortly. All the best in your research!

Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to completely remove a CRF so that the very same CRF name is available for re-uploading?

If we simply use the remove or delete option, it does not completely remove it and another XML file with the same name and version cannot be uploaded.

Same for subjects, is there a way to delete a CRF and/or a subject as if it is never created?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Saeed.

Comments

• Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to completely remove a CRF so that the very same CRF name is available for re-uploading?

If we simply use the remove or delete option, it does not completely remove it and another XML file with the same name and version cannot be uploaded.

Same for subjects, is there a way to delete a CRF and/or a subject as if it is never created?

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Saeed.
  • Dear Saeed,

The Delete option removes the _version_ of a CRF completely. You can’t upload the CRF as a new CRF (using ‘Create a New CRF’ link), but you can upload the previous version CRF version by using the ‘Create New Version’ for the CRF. The Remove button removes the CRF (https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/study-setup/build-study/create-case-report-forms-crfs#content-title-5235).

As far as I know, subjects and only be removed and restored (https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/administer-subjects#content-title-2996)– any ideas anyone?

Yours,

Michael
    Sent: 18 September 2012 14:52
    To: [email protected]
    Cc: [email protected]
    Subject: [Developers] Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely

Hi All,

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Saeed.

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096
  • mwalukomwaluko Posts: 122
    Hi Saeed;
    It is very possible but need to be cautious. Go thro' the back end and located the table for CRFs. the if need may be the events definition table.
    Then drop.
    Regards;
    Brian
    On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 4:51 PM, saeed esmaili sardari wrote:

Hi All,

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Saeed.
  • Thanks Brian,

This is actually what I tried and it worked, so for anyone who wants to completely remove a CRF or a CRF version from the uploaded CRFs list:

1. Use CRF table to get the CRF_id
    2. In table item_group remove the record with the same CRF_id
    3. In table item_form_metadata remove the record with the same CRF_id
    4. In table item_group_metadata remove the record with the same CRF_id
    5. In table versioning_map remove the record with the same CRF_id
    6. In table event_definition_crf remove the record with the same CRF_id
    7. In table section remove the record with the same CRF_id
    8. In table crf_version remove the record with the same CRF_id
    9. In table crf remove the record with the same CRF_id

Saeed.

To: saeed esmaili sardari ; [email protected]
    Cc: "[email protected]"
    Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:34 AM
    Subject: Re: [Developers] Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely
    Hi Saeed;
    It is very possible but need to be cautious. Go thro' the back end and located the table for CRFs. the if need may be the events definition table.
    Then drop.
    Regards;
    Brian
    On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 4:51 PM, saeed esmaili sardari wrote:

Hi All,

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Saeed.
This discussion has been closed.