We are currently working on the forum. For the short-term, all forum content will be in read-only format. We apologize for the interruption and look forward to collaborating with you shortly. All the best in your research!

[Users] Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely

Dear Michael,

Thanks for the note. I am wondering if there is a way to delete a CRF so that the very same name can be uploaded, not just a version removal. Even if a version is uploaded, say 1.2, and then removed, there is no way to upload another 1.2. What I want is to get rid of an already uploaded CRF totally. So that it does not appear in the CRFs list at all.

Thanks again.
Saeed.

To: "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]"
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Users] [Developers] Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely
Dear Saeed,

The Delete option removes the _version_ of a CRF completely. You can’t upload the CRF as a new CRF (using ‘Create a New CRF’ link), but you can upload the previous version CRF version by using the ‘Create New Version’ for the CRF. The Remove button removes the CRF (https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/study-setup/build-study/create-case-report-forms-crfs#content-title-5235).

As far as I know, subjects and only be removed and restored (https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/administer-subjects#content-title-2996)– any ideas anyone?

Yours,

Michael
Sent: 18 September 2012 14:52
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: [Developers] Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely

Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to completely remove a CRF so that the very same CRF name is available for re-uploading?

If we simply use the remove or delete option, it does not completely remove it and another XML file with the same name and version cannot be uploaded.

Same for subjects, is there a way to delete a CRF and/or a subject as if it is never created?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Saeed.

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096

Comments

• ctreptectrepte Posts: 100
    Hi Saeed,
    As Michael said, you can only upload the a CRF with the same name as a new version. Sometimes you can upload and replace CRFs with the same name AND version if the changes do not affect description, data_type or response options of existing items. In other cases you have to use a trick.
    1. Create a dummy CRF with the same name but a new version (e.g. version "dummy" to make it clear what the purpose is). It would be enough if it only contains one item.
    2. Upload "dummy"version of the CRF
    3. Delete "old" version of the CRF. If the "old" version of the CRF was used in event definitions you will have to point the event definitions to the dummy version first. If data have been entered for the "old" version of the CRF it is not possible to delete the CRF unless you delete the data, too.
    4. Upload "new" version of the CRF
    5. Delete "dummy" version of the CRF
    Beware: If you have already created rules for your CRF the rules will still exist but links from the items to the rule will be broken. The rule will no longer work with the "new" CRF and I have not found a way to re-establish this connection other than going directly into the database.
    Best regards
    Claudia Trepte
    Data Manager
    Sequana Medical
    Am 9/18/2012 7:01 PM, schrieb saeed esmaili sardari:
    > Dear Michael,
    >
    > Thanks for the note. I am wondering if there is a way to delete a CRF so that the very same name can be uploaded, not just a version removal. Even if a version is uploaded, say 1.2, and then removed, there is no way to upload another 1.2. What I want is to get rid of an already uploaded CRF totally. So that it does not appear in the CRFs list at all.
    >
    >
    > Thanks again.
    > Saeed.
    >
    >
    > From: Michael Bluett
    > To: "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]"
    > Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:17 PM
    > Subject: Re: [Users] [Developers] Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely
    >
    > Dear Saeed,
    >
    > The Delete option removes the _version_ of a CRF completely. You can’t upload the CRF as a new CRF (using ‘Create a New CRF’ link), but you can upload the previous version CRF version by using the ‘Create New Version’ for the CRF. The Remove button removes the CRF (https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/study-setup/build-study/create-case-report-forms-crfs#content-title-5235).
    >
    > As far as I know, subjects and only be removed and restored (https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/administer-subjects#content-title-2996)– any ideas anyone?
    >
    > Yours,
    >
    > Michael
    >
    >
    > Sent: 18 September 2012 14:52
    > To: [email protected]
    > Cc: [email protected]
    > Subject: [Developers] Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely
    >
    > Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely
    >
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I was wondering if there is a way to completely remove a CRF so that the very same CRF name is available for re-uploading?
    >
    > If we simply use the remove or delete option, it does not completely remove it and another XML file with the same name and version cannot be uploaded.
    >
    > Same for subjects, is there a way to delete a CRF and/or a subject as if it is never created?
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks
    > Saeed.
    >
    >
    > The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish Charity, No: SC015096
    >
    >
  • bbaumannbbaumann Posts: 105 admin
    This information would be great to add to the WikiBook under the Study Setup sectoin: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual
    On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:28 AM, saeed esmaili sardari wrote:
    Thanks Brian,

This is actually what I tried and it worked, so for anyone who wants to completely remove a CRF or a CRF version from the uploaded CRFs list:

1. Use CRF table to get the CRF_id
    2. In table item_group remove the record with the same CRF_id
    3. In table item_form_metadata remove the record with the same CRF_id
    4. In table item_group_metadata remove the record with the same CRF_id
    5. In table versioning_map remove the record with the same CRF_id
    6. In table event_definition_crf remove the record with the same CRF_id
    7. In table section remove the record with the same CRF_id
    8. In table crf_version remove the record with the same CRF_id
    9. In table crf remove the record with the same CRF_id

Saeed.

To: saeed esmaili sardari ; [email protected].org
    Cc: "[email protected]"
    Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 5:34 AM
    Subject: Re: [Developers] Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely
    Hi Saeed;
    It is very possible but need to be cautious. Go thro' the back end and located the table for CRFs. the if need may be the events definition table.
    Then drop.
    Regards;
    Brian
    On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 4:51 PM, saeed esmaili sardari wrote:
    Removing a CRF and/or a SUBJECT completely

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to completely remove a CRF so that the very same CRF name is available for re-uploading?

If we simply use the remove or delete option, it does not completely remove it and another XML file with the same name and version cannot be uploaded.

Same for subjects, is there a way to delete a CRF and/or a subject as if it is never created?

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Saeed.
This discussion has been closed.