Exception while trying to view Notes&Discrepancie s. .. .

I am just giving the question a little bump. Any other ideas?
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:40 PM
To: developers@openclinica.org
Cc: users@openclinica.org
Subject: Re: [Developers] Exception while trying to view Notes&Discrepancie s. .. .

Sure enough, the owners of the database and table are different. But, as I said, changing the ownership of the discrepancy_note table did not reproduce the error. In fact, after seeing your reply, I changed the ownership of the database to a different user (other than postgres). But that doesn’t seem to reproduce the error.
Thanks,
Suresh
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:05 PM
To: developers@openclinica.org
Cc: users@openclinica.org
Subject: Re: [Developers] Exception while trying to view Notes &Discrepancie s. .

Sureh Please check to make sure the database owner is same as the owner of the table.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Thiagarajan, Suresh wrote:
Hi,
I am using version 3.1.1 community on CentOS, with postgres 8.4. I get the following exception while trying to view the Notes & Discrepancies tab (nothing on the client side):
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: permission denied for relation discrepancy_note
Howerver, I don't get this exception on another system which runs the same version of OpenClinica and postgres. The only difference is that the database users are different. I don't know how to reproduce this error on a different machine. I tried changing the ownership of the table on an instance that is working correctly to something other than 'clinica' and 'postgres' (these were the users on the two instances that are not showing this exception), but that did not reproduce the issue.
I have attached the log file for convenience. What is the issue here?
Thanks,
Suresh
Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer
This discussion has been closed.